Get Ready Boys And Girls!

Wretched Wrench said:
Oh yes we can. Every time the TWU rolls over and gives more to the company, a few guys wise up and will vote AMFA next time.

My only concern is how far it has to go before enough mechs wise up. Remember, United didn't win on the first vote, either.
[post="257191"][/post]​

Maybe true,

But I still contend ENOUGH mechanics DID WISE-UP, it was the Federal Government allowing deceased, lont time unemployed, and out of craft or class workers on the E-list that prevented the vote and change.

Checking it Out said:
We all have a choice, Change for the better or sit on this site and do nothing but complain!

In Tulsa It's been no secret, change to a cost center or go down the path with the likes of the NWA and others with the defunct Amfa group! The most destructive force today against the AMT!
[post="257136"][/post]​

Hey CIO, what happened, I see that TEAM twu is now defunct. Yeah, Team "Why can't we be Friends" has taken your place with Don Vidadadic being the lead man. I hear this wanna be has zero credibility at his own local and was getting booted out of office anyway. BTW...why was there no election for the new position?

Checking it Out said:
We all have a choice, Change for the better or sit on this site and do nothing but complain!

In Tulsa It's been no secret, change to a cost center or go down the path with the likes of the NWA and others with the defunct Amfa group! The most destructive force today against the AMT!
[post="257136"][/post]​
You need to wake up and smell the gasoline you lying twu idiot.

Again, the iam gave away the NWA 747's and DC-10's to SASCO in 1996, 2 years before AMFA booted the iam in 1998. How is this AMFA destruction? How is
AMFA suppose to now immediately stop this iam sell-out?

You are proven again a lying twu moron on NWA.

How about UAL? Here's some more facts for you twu bubba believer:

July 12, 1994 1994-2000 Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) contract starts. Average member grants company approximately $70,000 to $100,000 in compensation concessions in exchange for company shares and job security. A smaller paycheck and IRS rules hold down members’ 401(k) participation in the huge stock market run-up of the late 1990s. Iam's Buffy the AMFA slayer states, "We will be millionaires" to the iam believers that buy it.

Oct 21, 2002. UAL closes 1 of 3 757 check lines at IMC under who? The iam is right........ 250 AMTs gone.

November 27, 2002 On the Wednesday before the Thanksgiving holiday, Mechanics and Related vote to reject seven percent wage cuts as part of company-wide $5.2 billion labor cuts. UAL wants these cuts to qualify for $1.8 billion loan guarantee from the Air Transportation Stabilization Board (ATSB). The IAM quickly agrees to another tentative concessionary agreement. It schedules the ratification vote for December 5.

December 4, 2002 ATSB rejects United’s application for loan guarantees. It cites “unrealistic revenue forecastsâ€￾ as one reason for the denial. The ATSB, however, leaves open the door to consider an improved business plan and a possible future loan guarantee.

December 5, 2002 Ratification vote scheduled for this day cancels due to the ATSB loan guarantee denial on December 4.

April 8, 2003 IAM District 141-M reach T/A with United Airlines. Pay and benefit cuts total $349 million annually for six years. Details of the settlement include a 13 percent all inclusive reduction in hourly wage rates, a twenty percent co-pay toward the cost of health insurance and modified work rules.

April 29, 2003 IAM 141-M members ratify agreement with a 70% yes vote. Company withdraws the 1113© motion to reject the CBA.

May 2, 2003 United said it filed a motion in bankruptcy court “to reject its lease at IMC (Indianapolis Maintenance Center) in order to make permanent the closing of the facility." In the same motion it also indicated it will permanently shut down a second repair base in Oakland, CA.

June 26, 2003 UAL terminates ESOP following IRS publication of ruling protecting company tax benefits.

July 2003 Employees allowed to sell their ESOP shares. The typical worker’s $70,000 to $100,000 in foregone wages yields a distribution of approximately $2,000.

July 13, 2003 AMFA wins representational vote for Mechanic and Related employees at United. The National Mediation Board certifies AMFA on July 14, 2003.

Again and again cio, you are proven to be nothing but a lying twu moron who has his head so far up his arse you couldn't pull it out with a D9 Cat.

Tell Burdchette he is doing a fine job helping us with this card drive.

Finally cio, watch out for them thar gas-o-lene fars, them things is hot. :blink: :unsure:

AMFAMAN said:
Hey CIO, what happened, I see that TEAM twu is now defunct. Yeah, Team "Why can't we be Friends" has taken your place with Don Vidadadic being the lead man. I hear this wanna be has zero credibility at his own local and was getting booted out of office anyway. BTW...why was there no election for the new position?
[post="257220"][/post]​

AMFAMAN, don't ask, "BTW...why was there no election for the new position?", because there will be no answer coming from the twu supporters like cio. And besides, any line of questioning asking about elections in the twu will be locked out.

When teamtwu became "defunct" what did they do with the coffin and all the rented "union people" that stood outside the Bradey Theatre? :ph34r:

Ken MacTiernan said:
AMFAMAN, don't ask, "BTW...why was there no election for the new position?", because there will be no answer coming from the twu supporters like cio. And besides, any line of questioning asking about elections in the twu will be locked out.

When teamtwu became "defunct" what did they do with the coffin and all the rented "union people" that stood outside the Bradey Theatre? :ph34r:
[post="257230"][/post]​

Ken, you've got to stop using "TWU" and "election" in the same sentence. The are mutually exclusive, resulting in an oxymoron. Not unlike "military intelligence" or "corporate ethics".

Decision 2004 said:
I'M MAD AS HELL,

and

I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

[post="257235"][/post]​

DITTO!!!

Take Care Brother!!!,
B) UT

Wretched Wrench said:
Ken, you've got to stop using "TWU" and "election" in the same sentence. The are mutually exclusive, resulting in an oxymoron. Not unlike "military intelligence" or "corporate ethics".
[post="257232"][/post]​

;)

Hackman said:
You need to wake up and smell the gasoline you lying twu idiot.

Again, the iam gave away the NWA 747's and DC-10's to SASCO in 1996, 2 years before AMFA booted the iam in 1998. How is this AMFA destruction? How is
AMFA suppose to now immediately stop this iam sell-out?

You are proven again a lying twu moron on NWA.

How about UAL? Here's some more facts for you twu bubba believer:

July 12, 1994 1994-2000 Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) contract starts. Average member grants company approximately $70,000 to $100,000 in compensation concessions in exchange for company shares and job security. A smaller paycheck and IRS rules hold down members’ 401(k) participation in the huge stock market run-up of the late 1990s. Iam's Buffy the AMFA slayer states, "We will be millionaires" to the iam believers that buy it.

Oct 21, 2002. UAL closes 1 of 3 757 check lines at IMC under who? The iam is right........ 250 AMTs gone.

November 27, 2002 On the Wednesday before the Thanksgiving holiday, Mechanics and Related vote to reject seven percent wage cuts as part of company-wide $5.2 billion labor cuts. UAL wants these cuts to qualify for $1.8 billion loan guarantee from the Air Transportation Stabilization Board (ATSB). The IAM quickly agrees to another tentative concessionary agreement. It schedules the ratification vote for December 5.

December 4, 2002 ATSB rejects United’s application for loan guarantees. It cites “unrealistic revenue forecastsâ€￾ as one reason for the denial. The ATSB, however, leaves open the door to consider an improved business plan and a possible future loan guarantee.

December 5, 2002 Ratification vote scheduled for this day cancels due to the ATSB loan guarantee denial on December 4.

April 8, 2003 IAM District 141-M reach T/A with United Airlines. Pay and benefit cuts total $349 million annually for six years. Details of the settlement include a 13 percent all inclusive reduction in hourly wage rates, a twenty percent co-pay toward the cost of health insurance and modified work rules.

April 29, 2003 IAM 141-M members ratify agreement with a 70% yes vote. Company withdraws the 1113© motion to reject the CBA.
May 2, 2003 United said it filed a motion in bankruptcy court “to reject its lease at IMC (Indianapolis Maintenance Center) in order to make permanent the closing of the facility." In the same motion it also indicated it will permanently shut down a second repair base in Oakland, CA.

June 26, 2003 UAL terminates ESOP following IRS publication of ruling protecting company tax benefits.

July 2003 Employees allowed to sell their ESOP shares. The typical worker’s $70,000 to $100,000 in foregone wages yields a distribution of approximately $2,000.

July 13, 2003 AMFA wins representational vote for Mechanic and Related employees at United. The National Mediation Board certifies AMFA on July 14, 2003.

Again and again cio, you are proven to be nothing but a lying twu moron who has his head so far up his arse you couldn't pull it out with a D9 Cat.

Tell Burdchette he is doing a fine job helping us with this card drive.

Finally cio, watch out for them thar gas-o-lene fars, them things is hot. :blink: :unsure:
[post="257229"][/post]​

No, not the truth :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Decision 2004 said:
Maybe true,

But I still contend ENOUGH mechanics DID WISE-UP, it was the Federal Government allowing deceased, lont time unemployed, and out of craft or class workers on the E-list that prevented the vote and change.
[post="257202"][/post]​

Not to worry.

Just keep getting those cards in Tulsa.

At present I have 130 signed cards sitting right on top of my desk.

Thats just from Title I.

Most sent their cards back in October.

Two ex-TWA guys have volunteered to look up the 82 ex-TWA guys that were laid off when TWA-LLC shut down hangar 12. It seems they have a reunion committee that has most of the addresses. One of the guys told me that a few are retired or quit but since they put them on the list we will get cards from them too.

We have a little over 50 laid off AA mechanics to contact. Some left forwarding addresses specifically to get cards once the drive kicked off again.

Two guys from Title II are out there getting cards although some in automotive are concerned because they say that over at UAL aircraft mechanics are bumping auto mechanics out. They dont seem to realize thats part of the IAM contract that they inherited and it would not apply at AA regardless of whether or not we go to AMFA.

We also have a few guys that bumped back into Title III that will collect cards from their coworkers on the list.

So all in all the one year delay shifted numbers out to the line. Instead of 600 cards from JFK now we can collect around 850 on a list that grows smaller every day.

One thing that many guys have asked for is if they are going to post the numbers again. The guys liked that. Instead of Stations you could post regions or locals.

Wouldnt it be nice to file right before the TWU Convention? Maybe the dispatchers will make another go at it by then, and lets not forget the AGW. Lots of the fleet guys are waiting to see what we do. If we leave they probably will too. As Little makes his move to unseat O'Brien about half the ATD would be in active drives to decertify the TWU.

Name: United short-time mechanic
Email:
Employer: United
Station: Home of the Lapdog union
Date: Friday March 18, 2005
Time: 07:05:11 AM

Comments
It looks like AMFA is about to sell us down the river. Word is they are about to bring back the same piece of crap we previously voted down. I guess Delle wants that million dollar payoff from United.

James T. Kirk said:
Email:

Comments
It looks like AMFA is about to sell us down the river. Word is they are about to bring back the same piece of crap we previously voted down. I guess Delle wants that million dollar payoff from United.
[post="257425"][/post]​
Hmm, still can't write anything on your own captain? Ask the iam clowns at the 'Nuts site how the card drive is going for the International ASSOCIATION of Machinists....or what carrier. Or how many more iam concessions US Air is going to take. :down: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Checking it Out said:

[post="257136"][/post]​

Cant you get anything right? Its change "from" a cost center, not "to" a cost center!

James T. Kirk said:
Email:

Comments
[post="257425"][/post]​

I'm not sure AMFA is going to bring back the same thing rearranged. If they did then it would be treason against its members. If they even just bring back the same package, just repackaged then it is still treason. IMO, AMFA will listen to its members who have already spoken. It's just that simple. Nothing should be brought back that the members have already spoken about. Those types of things should be left to the IAM who pioneered it.

If AMFA does bring back the same thing then they are no better than any other piss clam union. They had a democratic directive from their membership that said the last offer was less than fair and should not be tolerated. The membership furthered this by overwhelmingly saying they will fight on that hill with a strike vote. Seems to be an 'all for 1 and 1 for all' thing that breeds solidarity. Anything less than what the membership does in a democratic fashion should not be tolerated, regardless of what union, whether AMFA, AGW, or one of the business union.

Now for my opinion, it's time to put the laptops up and start negotiating the old fashioned way. Workers never needed laptop graphs and printouts to tell them what is fair.

Further, Mr. Owens is right about the FSC crowd. I can't predict the outcome but if the mechanics vote out the Business union then I can tell you that the AGW will have greater support, but it will be up to the workers if that support will be of the majority type.

regards,
Tim Nelson, Interim Director, AGW

James T. Kirk said:
Email:

Comments
[post="257425"][/post]​

LOL! I was wondering when old kirky was going to transport a post from another BB, with an alias no less, to this BB. Hey, Tiberius, how's that twu card signing drive going at NWA & UAL and the other SIX airlines AMFA was voted in at?

Thanks for the laugh kirky! :up:

Back