Drunk pilots - Indicted and On Trial

All:

Was channel surfing and saw the CourtTV deal.....seems there is a lot of rhetoric going on back and forth.

First, they operated the aircraft. It left the gate, which means it was dispatched legally. Second, they were drunk. I don't know and don't remember their BAC's, but if it was over .04, they shouldn't be prosecuted, just a lifetime ban from ever holding a medical. That, combined with the loss of their careers and income should be enough of a wakeup call to keep them on the straight and narrow for a long, long time.

Boomer

EyeInTheSky said:
OJ, Michael Jackson, Scott Petersen, Robert Blake, drunk pilots... what next? Naked Southwest pilots?
[post="272571"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How about Naked Hooters female F/A's ?????????????? :blink: :blink:

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How about Naked Hooters female F/A's ?????????????? :blink: :blink:

NH/BB's
[post="273172"][/post]​

I think you'd find yourself disapointed. Hooters Air is operated by Pace Airlines and uses regular old qualified flight attendants. There are Hooters *hores, I mean girls on board to serve wings and do thier thing, but they are in no way flight attendants and they do not occupy jumpseats, operate equiptment, or perform any crewmember duties at all.

luvn737s said:
DISCLAIMER - I do not condone the actions of these two dopes.

BUT - consider this:

If this was a long overnight (say 26 hours or so) and a flip-flop and these guys got in at 8:00am, went to sleep and woke up around 4 or 5pm. It would not be unusual to find them awake at 5am, unable to sleep (even if they weren't drinking). So they maybe get another couple of hours sleep and show up exhausted ready to fly back to PHX.

To what extent would this fatigue have the same effect of a heightened blood alchohol content? This should be an opportunity to discuss fatiguing schedules as they affect air safety as well.

It goes without saying that you don't fly drunk, but you shouldn't fly tired either and long red-eye flip-flops have the same effect. :down:
[post="272326"][/post]​

Ah! You've touched on a dirty little secret that the FAA pretends it doesn't see, the airline companies don't want anyone to see, and ALPA is too weak to do anything about other than stand in the corner and whimper.

Fatigue can have an equivalent effect of low (but illegal) levels of alcohol. But trips are scheduled all the time with total disregard for proper rest, especially in regards to circadian rhythms. The ALPA motto is "Schedule with Safety," and it's a total joke in many cases.

Just call in sick if you have had to much. I am not saying to make it practice, but have the human decency not to put others in harms way.

cltbay1homie said:
Thank God the Legal Sys..got it right this time.
[post="276137"][/post]​

Agreed. There is no excuse for violating the
law and these guys should face the music.

Moving on to 2005, this is a dead story.
Let's let this story quietly die because keeping
it in the public eye is not prudent right now
considering the merger that is on the table.
No use beating a dead horse. These guys
have been ex-AW employees since this
story broke in 2002, so moderators, close
this thread. Thank You.

Back