Carry ons

better hope that bin door dont fly open during flight or more than a few customers will lose their bags!

I MEL'd two broken bin doors today. It was so much fun, I just smiled to myself as the oversized bags were carried off the aircraft to be CHECKED AT THE GATE. :lol: The Pax that broke it was so embarrassed as the other Paxs' bags were toted off with his. :up: I really do love this job. :up:

PTO,

You know, you sort have hurt your own cause, as a replacement worker. The customers, seeing you have their allowable items taken off rather than fix the bin doors will stick with them. And if the bin doors remained MEL'd for a number a flights, every customer who boarded might see the placarded doors and wonder to themselves, "Wow, I wonder what else is not fixed on this plane?"

It may make them think twice about the next ticket they buy. Should they roll the dice on NWA or just see who else serves that market. It would be human nature to think like that.

You sound a little work-brittle. Like a guy who never really stays in one job for very long. Perhaps the novelty wearing off?

In any case, certainly not like someone I would want to maintain my aircraft. I would want a professional AMT. By professional, I mean someone who understands the whole concept of customer perception as well as the ability to carry out skilled maintenance.

You worry me.

Dea

Why on earth would you take a delay to fix a overhead bin? Would it not be smarter to fix it on a overnight?

Sounds to me like the correct thing was done.

Garfield,

It's not so much that the bin doors didn't get repaired. Clearly on-time departure is more important that taking a delay for a minor, non-critical item.

It's PTO's attitude about it. He doesn't seem to understand the customer perception side of it. It seemed he enjoyed the fact that customers had to have their bags removed.

You're in Crew Sked for AA, right? You're a Big Picture kind of person, I would imagine. PTO doesn't appear to grasp the Big Picture concept.

Dea

I would argue that he is yanking your colective chains and pushing your buttons.

But then again, that's just an out sider looking in who has not vested interest.

I would argue that he is yanking your colective chains and pushing your buttons.

I would argue that you may be right.

However, knowing where PTO works, I also would argue that in the time it took to MEL the bin doors, he could have had new ones "silver streaked" across the ramp and installed. Any outbound delay would have been more than made up over the course of the flight. We're not talking a complex repair here.....

Dea, I do see the big picture and understand it very well. I am not sure what you do but given the chance do watch some of these people shove these bags into over stuffed bins. It is a most laughable situation. Had I repaired the bin the flight would have taken a delay. I really do hate writing MEL's but if I do have to write one this is one that I can enjoy writing to some degree. You are trying to twist things here Dea, thats not your style. I enjoyed the fact that this guy was shamed by his fellow passengers for breaking the bin. It was a situation that was out of my control the damage was done. I do not sympathize with blatant ignorance. The guy screwed up and I gotta good laugh out of it. What is wrong with looking at the lighter side? Also I might add that I am not work brittle at all, I am charged and ready.

You are correct Kev it is not a difficult job at all and at the same time you are wrong that there was enough time to order and repair the bin with out a delay. No one is getting any short hours on the account of me.

No Garfield, no collective chain pulling here. There is no need at all for that none sense, haven't you ever heard? "Truth is stranger than fiction."

The best quote yet by PlaytheCods; "I do not sympathize with blatant ignorance."
Your a scab at a bankrupt and failing carrier...PURE IGNORANCE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink: :blink: :blink:

You are correct Kev it is not a difficult job at all and at the same time you are wrong that there was enough time to order and repair the bin with out a delay. No one is getting any short hours on the account of me.

You must have missed the part in post stating that "any outbound delay would have been more than made up over the course of the flight." If you work where you have said you do, then you know this to be true.

As far as a short hour goes, are you saying you deliberately failed/refused to do a repair strictly to spite the ramp crew? You can't be serious....

Yes the time could have been made up but that still would not have stopped a delay report being issued. I have taken a few delays but I keep them to a bare minimum. I do not go out of my way to repair a cabin write up that is not a safety issue unless time permits. By the shear number of MEL's on the aircraft when we got here it is apparent that the union AMT's didn't either.

Back