An Open Invitation To Gorden Bethune

us0004us

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
mr bethune,

Congratulations! that was an incredible turnaround you and your team accomplished at continental airlines,but as momumental as it was, you may want to consider an offer ,a challenge of historic proportions: step up to the major leagues,to the world series ,the super bowl,the world cup of turnarounds..the turnaround of the millenium....the turnaround of ...usairways.
now we know that retirement is not what its cracked up to be,especially for an adventurer like yourself. you and your team are too young and talented to retire and deny those talents to the country and the world! to do so would be unfathomable. so consider this offer ...and respond quickly as possible,time is of the essence. we need your leadership and your team...please,mr bethune, do not leave us holding the bag! wishing a happy and healthful new year to you and your family. God bless America. God bless Usairways.

ps

we can do this...we can get the job done ..remember..
the story of a challenger who went the distance,
became a major contender,
and won the title,
all in one year!..
(from an advertisement of piedmont airlines,1984 world champion.)

This place is to far gone for him to come here, it would be nice, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Why would he leave CAL, to come to this pig?

gordon bethune is either retired or soon to retire in jan from continental

He is retiring this week, that I know.

It was a question, why would he retire from CAL then come to a terminal patient?

why not? this would be the ultimate challenge...only those with a positive attitude and adventurous spirit would understand...this is an opportunity to succeed from a point
that seems hopeless..but in reality is hopeful...it would take a leader such as mr bethune and a team of positive thinking ,can do ,get the job done,employees such as the vast majority of usairways employees..what a great challenge to a leader the calibre of gordon bethune ...this is a unique opportunity!

As a side note, yesterday I saw signs and baloons above the gate check in podiums that agents had written....they said "Thanks Herb, for another great year". Of course, it was the WN gates.

OH PLEASE PEOPLE! He as well as other leders at CAL used the bk courts to do exactly what we are doing. He will do no better than the next person who steps in once lakefield leaves this temp job. Once a new person comes in, all the cuts and bad crap will be passed and no one can blame them. They will seem as if they are the savior , when in fact, this current team , are the first to do what shouldve been done years ago. YEARS AGO!

He came to CAL after both bankruptcies and he treats his employees with respect and dignity.

How many Ford Explorers has US Given out?

How many on-time performance bonuses have US given out?

Once again you speak of things that you have no idea about.

Did you know CAL's F/As are the highest paid in the industry and that they are IAM not AFA?

And bad management can be blamed for all the bonehead decisions that have been made over the years.

I for one truly wishes he would come here. This way "YOU", and you know who I mean by "YOU", can see that it does not always start or depend on what we get as rewards. The place needs to be in a good position financialy in order to get things back. In addition, having all the praise he has on this board, I would like to see how long before he becomes the "management who's at fault".

It is called respect and dignity, something management and executives at US does not know.

What about your buddy Chop starting a fight with an employee because the employee was going to move his car from a parking spot?

Get real.

700UW said:
It is called respect and dignity, something management and executives at US does not know.

What about your buddy Chop starting a fight with an employee because the employee was going to move his car from a parking spot?

Get real.
[post="232313"][/post]​

What we are going through right now does not indicate a loss of respect and should not lead to anyone's loss of dignity. Once we learn to take situations for what they are verses what we dream they should be, we would find peace with the process. Making statements to ourselves like "they drew first blood" and they "declared war on the employees" is what feeds these feeliings. Had these been typical contract negotiations and these same issues were brought up, I would be the first to disagree, but given where we are, and I hope you are not blind to the truth, it is tough decisions that need to be made. It is really unfortunate, but what is an alternate, keep everyone happy knowing you are bleeding to death. Would you be proud of your management if they took this stance. I do not read any really good ideas just bashing of the ones tried.

And as for your other statement. You do not know me, you do not know Chop. So why would you call him my buddy, when he is not? Just another one of your childish and immature remarks constantly made on here.

THEN WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE CALL CO HDTRS AND ASK TO SPEAK TO GORDON DIRECTLY......AT LEAST YOU'LL PROBABLY GET THRU TO HIS SECRETARY....AND AT THE SAME TIME LETS TRY TO TALK ED COLODNY INTO COMING BACK IF GORDON WONT TAKE THE JOB

Hello Newman said:
THEN WHY DOESN'T SOMEONE CALL CO HDTRS AND ASK TO SPEAK TO GORDON DIRECTLY......AT LEAST YOU'LL PROBABLY GET THRU TO HIS SECRETARY....AND AT THE SAME TIME LETS TRY TO TALK ED COLODNY INTO COMING BACK IF GORDON WONT TAKE THE JOB
[post="232319"][/post]​

I SECOND THAT!!!

Gordon Bethune wouldn't dare risk coming to US - for a variety of reasons, including already-mature hubs and an over-senior and recalcitrant workforce, he simply cannot repeat his successes at CO with US.

Back