AMT Teamsters Drive

What does an amfanuts posting have to do with the fact that hundreds of Teamsters cards are being signed?
That's what I was thinking. Must be icehole has nothing to say on the subject except more iam sponsered 'Nuts tripe. :blink:

IBT card will be sent in tomorrow. :huh:

Can the AA Flight Attendants jump on the Teamsters drive too? I would love to see the APFA gone and Tommie too! :up:

This is UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm F***ING estatic :up: :up:

Those TUL..."lemmings" must be "$hiting a(good ol' boy) BRICK"

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

I have (very) little use, for ANYTHING Texas,
BUT,

If this IBT drive was started by some ol' Texas Bubba's, then I'll be one of the first, to remove my NY Yankees cap, and salute them !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, what about a retired guy like me, can I sign one ??

If the Teamsters get in, can I go to union meetings ??

C'mon, ...Bob Owens...HOPEFUL..(some of you heavy hitters) plz try to answer my 2(above) questions !!

Thanx,

NH/BB's

Turned in my card today to one of the organizers, he had quite the stack and says he is getting a 75% signing with the title 2 boys. I still will believe it when the Teamsters actually file the cards, but the excitement level is quite high around here. B)

Turned in my card today to one of the organizers, he had quite the stack and says he is getting a 75% signing with the title 2 boys. I still will believe it when the Teamsters actually file the cards, but the excitement level is quite high around here. B)

Where can I find a an IBT card drive representative at TULE? I'll gladly sign one of the cards.

This is UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm F***ING estatic :up: :up:

Those TUL..."lemmings" must be "$hiting a(good ol' boy) BRICK"

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

I have (very) little use, for ANYTHING Texas,
BUT,

If this IBT drive was started by some ol' Texas Bubba's, then I'll be one of the first, to remove my NY Yankees cap, and salute them !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, what about a retired guy like me, can I sign one ??

If the Teamsters get in, can I go to union meetings ??

C'mon, ...Bob Owens...HOPEFUL..(some of you heavy hitters) plz try to answer my 2(above) questions !!

Thanx,

NH/BB's

NHBB, as a retiree I do not believe you are eligible to sign a card. But I do believe that you are allowed to attend union meetings. Just ignore the rented twu coffin as you go to the hall. ;)

At least if the teamsters get in I won't have to pay the initation fee. I still have my Teamsters withdrawal card from my Braniff/Dalfort days. Where do I sign? Hackman,767 mechanic do you guys have some Teamster cards?

It took you all more than three years, but I'm glad to see that you have finally decided to take my advice:

The only airline listed above where the AMFA negotiated the current contract is NW, and that was pre-September 11. Who knows how that deal would turn out today? If I were looking for the clear winner in the High Wages for Mechanics Category, hands down it would be the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Why? They negotiated the great contract at WN last year (post-September 11). Industry-Leading wages. Why else? They negotiated the post-September 11 contract at CO (finalized in 2002 at higher wages than at UAL or AA). Based on the numbers above, the IBT puts all other airline mechanics unions to shame - no others come close to delivering for their membership. How come the IBT was tossed at WN? Do the guys at WN think they could have it any better?

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=69132

in this thread:

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...mp;hl=teamsters

Whatever you guys do, get far more than 50% + 1 this time so you aren't vulnerable to the company and the TWU tilting the results with the dead, the fired, the resigned, etc. Get 75% or more so you can finally vote in a real union instead of the lapdog TWU that has enslaved you for so long. Good luck! B)

I wish y'all well with this, and hope you get 50% + 1 this time around for no other reason so we can put to death the endless bitching over the TWU by the mechanics...

I wish y'all well with this, and hope you get 50% + 1 this time around for no other reason so we can put to death the endless bitching over the TWU by the mechanics...

I knew you would see it our way one day.

An election is all we ever wanted, but since the TWU knows they will never be able to withstand that test of their support, they have resorted less than ethical tactics along with AA Management to prevent the will of the mechanics to ever be known.

We tried change, had to file lawsuits, and fight the Federal Government.

Now AA Management brings in the Overland Resource Group and expects us to accept and embrace their version of change. Well hear this, they can kiss my AAss. Give a Union Representation Election and then I will consider management version of change.

Just tell your manAAgement buttheAAd buddies to keep their cotton pickers out of the drive this time. We know how badly they want to keep the best lapdog union there ever was, but if there is no vote this time because of management/twu collusion.....AA better batten down the hatches....it's gonna be a fireworks show. ;)

I knew you would see it our way one day.

Dave, I've never disagreed with your right to vote on representation, or with your right to hold your leadership accountable to the membership. Ever.

I don't, however, agree with the conspiracy theory that management interfered as much as I do the theory that AMFA didn't perform enough due dilligence when it came to who was in class and craft (and no, that's not an invitation for you or anyone else to convince me otherwise -- just move on already....).

Back