AMFA set the bar once again or the industry

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
Well, well, well, AMFA did it again for the industry and the twu over at AA just proven it by directly using AMFA's new industry leading wages during their latest update from the IAM on you-tube (video provided below). I have not looked at their increases yet, but going by what they said in video is that they matched all SWA's wages and then they added a $1 line prem for line mechs only. They still can't match our best in industry 401K match, PS and retirement packages.
I say good, glad they were able to match SWA's and use us for the first time at the table for comparo's. A little disappointed they couldn't have leap frog us by at least a couple if not 5% better than us so we would have something to work with next time as well.
So if all true on the numbers as stated in video, they did not beat, they simply matched all wages except for the line prem of $1.
Thanks again AMFA for setting the bar once again...

Hope this video transfer works:

Actually nice to see you there swampy. You were beginning to get me nervous that something happened to you. Now let’s pick away at your post. Fun times for all.

Yep the Association captured your AMFA negotiated SWA wages and added a little onto that. But I guess you missed (Again) the part where they said we have multiple thousands more jobs (People) Ramp also matched TWU SWA wages but TWU over there is comparable in headcount. Something AMFA can’t crow 🐦‍⬛ about.

And it was a nice and easy “economic extension” not intended to be full on Section 6. But I am glad we now officially are counting SWA into the mix.

Your 401K is not industry leading because it’s a straight match with no “free” contributions from your airline.

So you get a 10% “match” and we get a 5% “contribution” and a 4% “match” That beats you in total because no one is left out of that 5% like you would have (unfortunately) plenty of people contributing nothing.

The PS is industry standard for AA, DL and SWA. Sorry to burst your bubble there as well. The payout is just a fact that other airlines are making more profit than AA. Something us AA employees have to live with.

Anyway good luck with all the wood chopping you got going on over there right now. Seriously I mean it. God Bless.

Back