WN Mechanics seek mediation

I wouldn't bet on it.
I can only speak for me, but I can assure you I will always be a compliant as I possibly can. I will inspect and repair as if my Mother and Wife are getting on that flight, and I would hope all mechanics would do the same.

The first article below is the first I have seen that reflects the major winter storm as the main issue at hand with all these cancellations NOT the mechanics. And let's also not forget that most of these write ups are also coming from the Pilots NOT the mechanics. So if I were the union I would be demanding an apology from Mike and the co. for blaming all this on the mechanics, it's not all mechanics write ups, C'mon Southwest report all the info not just part of to try and make the mechanics look like the only ones. And BTW a legit write up is a legit write up. Why is Southwest not mentioning anything about the Pilots and saying the weather is the main culprit. They are just trying to make the mechanics look like they are creating a job action so they can get us to cave for the contract.

Southwest grapples with new labor and revenue problems

Here's an article with a great point about how SWA is handling this issue at hand, quote added by me then the article:

"Eric Schiffer, CEO of Reputation Management Consultants, said Southwest's handling of the aircraft disruption had likely "highlighted a safety concern when there didn't need to be one." "

Southwest (LUV) Shares Decline on Dull Q1 Unit Revenue View

And I agree with him. Where's the overtime? Why in the world would you take the route of farming everything out, and use mechanics from farming everything out, to be put on the out of service a/c? That will be extremely costly, way more than if they would have just called some o/t to get them out. I will tell you in Dallas, the mechanics are working hard and getting the airplanes back into revenue service. This whole outsourcing all work to get the mechanics to work the out of service a/c will backfire on maint. GK will not like the cost results when it could have saved much more $$$ by simply calling the emergency overtime during this operational emergency. They are already being shown that the mechanics are getting back to service and quickly.
BTW; has anyone been able to find "State of Operational Emergencies" within the MPM??? The co. always screams that bible to us, shouldn't they live by it too??? I admit, I have not looked for it, but is it even in there?

And I agree with him. Where's the overtime? Why in the world would you take the route of farming everything out, and use mechanics from farming everything out, to be put on the out of service a/c? That will be extremely costly, way more than if they would have just called some o/t to get them out. I will tell you in Dallas, the mechanics are working hard and getting the airplanes back into revenue service. This whole outsourcing all work to get the mechanics to work the out of service a/c will backfire on maint. GK will not like the cost results when it could have saved much more $$$ by simply calling the emergency overtime during this operational emergency. They are already being shown that the mechanics are getting back to service and quickly.
BTW; has anyone been able to find "State of Operational Emergencies" within the MPM??? The co. always screams that bible to us, shouldn't they live by it too??? I admit, I have not looked for it, but is it even in there?
Don't know about Dallas, but here we call overtime everyday, and last night we exhausted the list for RON. We have guys 24 out, all the time.

We do TPCS on through flights and MV checks, we change tires all the time, where I am at. If the mechanics sign the paperwork and don't change them that's on them, not the company.

Don’t shoot me man. I’m only the messenger asking a question.

“Photos obtained exclusively by CBS News show what mechanics describe as landing gear tires so worn that Southwest had to pull a 737 out of service on Tuesday. More than 40 airplanes per day have been grounded for maintenance issues since last Tuesday. That's unusually high, more than double a normal day.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...service-as-mechanics-raise-alarm-over-safety/

Don’t shoot me man. I’m only the messenger asking a question.

“Photos obtained exclusively by CBS News show what mechanics describe as landing gear tires so worn that Southwest had to pull a 737 out of service on Tuesday. More than 40 airplanes per day have been grounded for maintenance issues since last Tuesday. That's unusually high, more than double a normal day.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...service-as-mechanics-raise-alarm-over-safety/
Sorry

There is an urgent need to get planes back in service but almost no overtime is being called. Go figure !!???!! :confused:
So let me get this straight Brett complaining to the media about mechanics being fatigued in the SWA operational emergency, can't get their kids. Now he is complaining about mechanics not called for overtime. Almost sounds like the brilliant Family week plan. Talk about double talk. Go Figure! :)

So let me get this straight Brett complaining to the media about mechanics being fatigued in the SWA operational emergency, can't get their kids. Now he is complaining about mechanics not called for overtime. Almost sounds like the brilliant Family week plan. Talk about double talk. Go Figure! :)

driver what they are saying is that SWA has declared an operational emergency where they claim they need all hands on deck and yet the Union is saying that they can prove there is no emergency because the Company is not calling in all the people who signed up for OT.

Back