When You Fly in First Class, It's Easy to Forget the Dots

We have supervisors doing simple, time consuming duties instead of focusing on what they are really hired to do.

Yeah, it's called multitasking. I fail to see how hiring more people doing more specialized jobs makes anyone more productive. It just adds overhead without improving the customer experience by any measurable amount.

Hmmmm, considering that I wrote an email and called my supervisor over 2 weeks ago, and that she just called 2 days ago I'd say they are spending way too much time working on the mundane tasks. Why pay someone $60,000 to file when you could hire someone for $20,000 to do the same thing?

Do the math.

Whether you want to call it a formal strike, chaos activity, or refusal to work overtime (or whatever ALPA’s term for tantrum and disrupting people’s lives is), what happened in 2000 made UA the punching bag of the airline industry. Are you forgetting the ads with Goodwin apologizing for all those canceled flights? I don’t call that a mea culpa for poor manpower planning. Stop living in your dream world of “seamless contracts†and getting away with unreasonable demands; what the pilots ultimately wanted to “pick up [that] EXTRA flying†was unsustainable, as is evident by today’s pay scales. There was a merger in the works in 2000, and the pilots were negotiating an extra sweetener for that as well, as though they weren’t being compensated enough. If I were you, I would take it easy backing your cockpit "friends" (unless you are married to one). Most of them certainly don’t have much respect for you.

Latest posts

Back