Us Airways Welcomes Pilots' Review Of Plan

ALPA Agrees

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - The governing board of US Airways' unit of the Air Line Pilots Association on Jan. 20 passed a resolution to engage in fact-finding discussions with the company that could lead to formal negotiations about the need to further reduce costs.

The union's resolution stated that it wanted to "obtain current and accurate data and to analyze said data to determine the present financial and strategic circumstances…" In a statement US Airways said: "We are looking forward to meeting with ALPA to begin discussions on those strategic initiatives that will ensure the survivability of the company."

In a Special Bulletin earlier this month, US Airways noted the need to strengthen its balance sheet and meet the obligations of the loan guaranteed by the Air Transportation Stabilization Board.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Pilots Union Softens, Agrees to US Air Talks

ALPA's ruling council decided to engage in talks, which could lead to formal negotiations

NEW YORK (Dow Jones Newswires) - Faced with the prospect that US Airways Group Inc. may have to sell assets to fly through its financial problems, leaders of its powerful pilots union Tuesday agreed to talks to further reduce costs and boost productivity to fight off low-cost airlines expanding into its turf, Wednesday's Wall Street Journal reported.

Complete Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
.....and the next headline will be. "ALPA CAVES to the DAVE'S" !!!!

Complete Story will read , ALPA does backflips to its masters tune...and all the other laboring groups are encouraged to follow ALPA's continued leadership in the negotiation process.

ALPA Members will be awarded a larger stake in UAIR for their concessionary acts of submission...the rest will be rewarded with Furloughs , Wage Reductions , Expressing into oblivion or changes of their duty stations. (Threat of IND for Heavy Maintenance looming)

USA320Pilot said:
ALPA Agrees

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - The governing board of US Airways' unit of the Air Line Pilots Association on Jan. 20 passed a resolution to engage in fact-finding discussions with the company that could lead to formal negotiations about the need to further reduce costs.

The union's resolution stated that it wanted to "obtain current and accurate data and to analyze said data to determine the present financial and strategic circumstances…" In a statement US Airways said: "We are looking forward to meeting with ALPA to begin discussions on those strategic initiatives that will ensure the survivability of the company."

In a Special Bulletin earlier this month, US Airways noted the need to strengthen its balance sheet and meet the obligations of the loan guaranteed by the Air Transportation Stabilization Board.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
"Obtain current and accurate data"

Does that include every last damn dime that has been given by employees? I will tell you what I want. Give me the logistics of the entire situation. Show me expenses including those of top management. Show me exactly where, when, why, and how money has been lost. Until then I will not and cannot make a decision on where I stand. Being blind, I cannot be led by the blind. Trust has been thrown out the window. It's time to show me the figures and know that this employee is no idiot. I will not be taken for an easy target and my trust will not be easy to come by. I HAVE A SAY IN THIS AS WELL AS ANY OTHER EMPLOYEE!!!!!!

Treat me with the respect I deserve and realize that the only reason this airline is still operating is due to the sacrifice each individual has made. DON"T MAKE MY DECISIONS AND DON"T TRY TO PERSUADE ME ANY FURTHER. I will make my own decision once all the cards are on the table. If you get those cards displayed in black and white, I'll look. That's all I am promising.

Here is where a lot of our money is going.

Fuel Cost per the Bureau of Transportation Statistics
a division of the U.S. Department of Transportation.

Thanks, George Bush!
I Love that Bush Administration!

1998 $.50/gallon
1999 $.52/gallon
2000 $.79/gallon
2001 $.76/gallon
2002 $.70/gallon
2003 $.83/gallon

http://www.bts.gov/oai/fuel/fuelyearly.html

Back