US Airways to get $1.8M in settlement

Wonder how much it cost to repair that 330. Or did they total it. Either way, $1.8 million isn't much in comparison.

Jim

US has 9 A330-300's now, right? Didn't they have 10 at one point? 1.8M seems paltry if the aircraft was written off as a loss.

Wonder how much it cost to repair that 330. Or did they total it. Either way, $1.8 million isn't much in comparison.

Jim

US has 9 A330-300's now, right? Didn't they have 10 at one point? 1.8M seems paltry if the aircraft was written off as a loss.

Hook...line...sinker....

Don't you think there would have been a bit more notice taken if an A330 had been totaled on the ramp in PHL?

What about the employee who was injured? I seem to recall that it was pretty serious.

How has he made out, physically and financially?

Don't you think there would have been a bit more notice taken if an A330 had been totaled on the ramp in PHL?
I recall quite a bit of notice taken at the bent wing. That's why I asked if it had been repaired or totaled. At the deicing pad, BTW, not the ramp.

Jim

At least I finally found out who I'd occasionally hear asking to taxi to the deicing ramp. :lol:

I think the chart makers call it the deicing apron (see here) FWIW.

Jim

I left US over two years ago...at that time the employee who was in the boom at the time had returned to work on light duty and from what I remember was just kinda waitin on a settlement. Nice guy, from tampa cant remember his name though.

The aircraft was repaired by Airbus. Had a temoprary repair, then the permanent fix was accomplished at the Air Canada Technical Services facility in Montreal.

Back