Us Airways Pilot Stirs The Pot

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
US Airways pilot stirs the pot

US Airways pilot Larry Thomas, upset about the removal of his union's negotiators, is trying to oust the Philadelphia-based union leaders who voted for the recent shake-up, saying they did not act in the best interest of all US Airways pilots.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Is there ever a happy alpa member around? People are always going to be unhappy with something. Life ain't fair. I just had my editor fired. Did I get a say in that? No. I was kinda peeved..but c'est la vie.

Just for some historical perspective:

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Monday, November 10th, with one new item.

The PHL Council 41 and DCA Council 138 LEC election ballot counts were completed today, and the results are as follows:

In PHL Council 41, with 38.8% of the eligible pilots participating in the vote:

Captain John Crocker was elected captain rep with 203 votes.
Captain Douglas Rice received 202 votes.
Captain William Van Wagner received 25 write-in votes.
Captain Bruce Beighlie received one write-in vote.
Captain Ed Hoffman received one write-in vote.
Captain Doug Mowery received one write-in vote.

First Officer Dan Von Bargen was elected first officer rep with 322 votes.
First Officer Jose Barbosa received 80 votes.
First Officer Mike Tosi received 28 write-in votes.

Judging by these results, it's possible that if a PHL recall effort had legs, you might reasonably expect Doug Rice to perhaps run in a replacement election. You can read about his thoughts on various things here.

Recalling Von Bargen might be a bit of a stretch, as he seems to have trounced the competition.

Perhaps a PHL based pilot here might offer an insider's view of the mood of Council 41's rank and file. It might prove to be enlightening.

What is really pathetic is that only 38.8% of the eligible voters actually voted! Guess the other 61.2% did give a rats behind who was elected and will be the most vocal to criticise those in office.

MarkMyWords said:
What is really pathetic is that only 38.8% of the eligible voters actually voted! Guess the other 61.2% did give a rats behind who was elected and will be the most vocal to criticise those in office.
you know ,some of these people have second jobs running their own businesses and just might not have had the time to vote..... :lol: o

The PHL Rep recall effort is being led By Larry Thomas.

Larry is a PHL based B757 F/O, a fighter pilot, a Navy Top Gun graduate, and now an Air National Guard Brigadier General selectee.

He has commanded two Air Wings, he was recently deployed in hostile areas, and flew two special operation missions in defense of America's freedom. He is a candidate to be the next vice-commander of the New Jersey Air National Guard, which I believe is a two star general position.

I have never witnessed such a strong revolt before in 19+ years at this company and the recall effort will be successful. In addition, there are some very good ALPA people not listed in this thread who have volunteered to seek the soon to be vacated positions.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Perhaps a PHL based pilot here might offer an insider's view of the mood of Council 41's rank and file. It might prove to be enlightening.

USA320Pilot said:
Larry Is a PHL based B757 F/O, a fighter pilot, a Navy Top Gun graduate, and now an Air National Guard Brigadier General selectee.

He has commanded two Air Wings and was recently deployed in hostile areas and flew two special operations missions in defense of America's freedom. He is a candidate to be announced the vice-commander of the New Jersey Air National Guard, which I believe is a two star general position.
Respectfully,
USA320Pilot
And this has what to do with US Airways and ALPA negotiations?

You are correct, just take Dave Seigel's bio for example.................He sure has done a bang up job here at USAirways!!!!!!! :up:

USA320Pilot said:

Larry is a PHL based B757 F/O, a fighter pilot, a Navy Top Gun graduate, and now an Air National Guard Brigadier General selectee.

He has commanded two Air Wings, he was recently deployed in hostile areas, and flew two special operation missions in defense of America's freedom. He is a candidate to be the next vice-commander of the New Jersey Air National Guard, which I believe is a two star general position.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Good thing that you are not identifying yourself as an employee on the web... Just doling out personal information about a co-worder... Maybe you should leave that up to Larry.

I have never witnessed such a strong revolt before in 19+ years at this company and the recall effort will be successful. In addition, there are some very good ALPA people not listed in this thread who have volunteered to seek the soon to be vacated positions

And, not that it matters much, but exactly how do you predict the future? What is your super-secret source for this one? Given than 60%+ DID NOT EVEN VOTE the first time around, I would think that the election would be rather up in the air. Does you arrogance know any bounds? Its very arrogant to tell PHL pilots how to vote, or not to bother because the outcome is already determined. IIRC correctly, you are based at PIT... So what do you care who represents those at PHL?

funguy2 said:
IIRC correctly, you are based at PIT... So what do you care who represents those at PHL?
I thought our friend lived in PIT but is based in LGA flying the Shuttle.

I guess being a fighter pilot makes that person more credible to recall a mec member. Give me a break.

-fatburger-

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways pilot stirs the pot

US Airways pilot Larry Thomas, upset about the removal of his union's negotiators, is trying to oust the Philadelphia-based union leaders who voted for the recent shake-up, saying they did not act in the best interest of all US Airways pilots.

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Silly me...

By your title of the thread I thought you were making a confession.

Back