transfer

ylwfn93

Dec 23, 2009
Ok, quick question? When transferring from the ramp to tech ops do you loose half of your time for pay purposes? What about for bidding purposes? Do you keep your full senority for bidding purposes. I'm getting is conflicting imformation and just wondering if someone has went thru this. Also has anyone heard if they plan on putting the ATL ramp on ebid anytime soon, or will it just be ready reserve from here on out :down: . Any imformation you guys could give me would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Dan

Ok, quick question? When transferring from the ramp to tech ops do you loose half of your time for pay purposes? What about for bidding purposes? Do you keep your full senority for bidding purposes. I'm getting is conflicting imformation and just wondering if someone has went thru this. Also has anyone heard if they plan on putting the ATL ramp on ebid anytime soon, or will it just be ready reserve from here on out :down: . Any imformation you guys could give me would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Dan
Have you asked your union rep?

Thanks Dan
Hey Dan,
It is awefully early in the merger process to know all the answers to your questions. To say "ask your union rep" is not going to get you anywhere. I would just say have patience and try to get in touch with your HR representative. If that person has no answers, go straight to upper management. I have been through several mergers/acquisitions. Just have patience or ask your union rep.

Thanks Dan
I think you start at the bottom of the payscale for AMT and you have zero senority. You keep your vacation through company senority. We had a guy in BOS come over with 17 years in cargo/res and he is very near the bottom for bidding. I know his pay is new hire also, which is how it should be. Let's face it he is a fresh AMT. He has a lot to learn about being an AMT. He shouldn't be at top of scale or bid ahead of me just because he's been with the company longer. For the record he is ok with that. It is all his doing, he went to AMT school years ago but didn't get his ticket until recently. He did keep his vacation through company senority.

This could all change though. Without a contract the company can change the rules at any time. Case in point, Tech Helper used to give you half time senority on the AMT list. Fair enough by my view. These were techs that did not need an A&P and did not sign for their work. Only the leads they work for sign for the jobs, changing carpets and such. During their jobs they are gaining some exp working on aircraft. Not as much as a new hire AMT.

Last fall the powers upstairs declared all tech helpers get full senority when they move over to AMT. In many cases this doesn't really mean much. In ATL all the new hires for the past four years have been Tech Helper. In LGA they have been hiring AMTs off the street for the past four years. Now there are openings in ATL. Who gets the job the guy that has been working Line Mtc in LGA or the guy that has been changing carpets in ATL. Say there are enough positions for both. Who should get first pick of shift, offdays?

I was very pro union before 9/11. I still am, but I just don't see it happening after the merger. The number of yes votes was close pre 9/11. After that it took a dive below 50%. Now with the NW s.., err.. replacement mechanics, that has number has really dropped.

Under the old nwa way all of your seniority in ramp and tech ops will combine and allow you to keep your retirement target with company seniority. Thats it. Vacation, Pay, Bidding is all start over when you transfer to another group under a different contract. Who knows how it will muster out when the union is rejected. Maybe Delta will keep it the same. You have to ask current Delta employees how a transfer affects them. That will be how it is. nwa is gone bye bye.

What??????

Under the old nwa way all of your seniority in ramp and tech ops will combine and allow you to keep your retirement target with company seniority. Thats it. Vacation, Pay, Bidding is all start over when you transfer to another group under a different contract. Who knows how it will muster out when the union is rejected. Maybe Delta will keep it the same. You have to ask current Delta employees how a transfer affects them. That will be how it is. nwa is gone bye bye.
Vacation will transfer; pay starts at bottom; bidding zero senority.

I believe for a DL company transfer into in-flight, you do keep you pay rate based on your company seniority but you do start at the bottom of the list for bidding seniority. I may be wrong on that but I am quite sure that DL has always protected vacation and retirement benefits regardless of what dept. (other than flight ops) you transfer to.

I also believe that res to ACS transfers and vice versa provide full seniority between work groups.

I think you start at the bottom of the payscale for AMT and you have zero senority. You keep your vacation through company senority. We had a guy in BOS come over with 17 years in cargo/res and he is very near the bottom for bidding. I know his pay is new hire also, which is how it should be. Let's face it he is a fresh AMT. He has a lot to learn about being an AMT. He shouldn't be at top of scale or bid ahead of me just because he's been with the company longer. For the record he is ok with that. It is all his doing, he went to AMT school years ago but didn't get his ticket until recently. He did keep his vacation through company senority.

This could all change though. Without a contract the company can change the rules at any time. Case in point, Tech Helper used to give you half time senority on the AMT list. Fair enough by my view. These were techs that did not need an A&P and did not sign for their work. Only the leads they work for sign for the jobs, changing carpets and such. During their jobs they are gaining some exp working on aircraft. Not as much as a new hire AMT.

Last fall the powers upstairs declared all tech helpers get full senority when they move over to AMT. In many cases this doesn't really mean much. In ATL all the new hires for the past four years have been Tech Helper. In LGA they have been hiring AMTs off the street for the past four years. Now there are openings in ATL. Who gets the job the guy that has been working Line Mtc in LGA or the guy that has been changing carpets in ATL. Say there are enough positions for both. Who should get first pick of shift, offdays?

I was very pro union before 9/11. I still am, but I just don't see it happening after the merger. The number of yes votes was close pre 9/11. After that it took a dive below 50%. Now with the NW s.., err.. replacement mechanics, that has number has really dropped.

What makes you think those that crossed a picket line, pre merger, wouldn't want union ? :shock:

No need to ask a union rep. Call HR ! Cuts out all the red tape !

You mean ESIS?

No? Okay, how about Sedgewick?

Not them either? How about Self Service on DLNet?

Can't get an answer there?

Now what?

Do HR people actually exist at DL? I've heard they do, but haven't actually come across any yet...

Back