Special Color Scheme for new US A330-243 jet

I think the Airbus paint shop crew was just having some fun with the Zebra Butt scheme - even painters gotta have some fun once in a while.

Looks like the shop super showed up for the initial paining of the second -200 bird though......

Is there a delivery schedule for any 330's? Surely there needs to be a training flow and just recently they rolled the June permanent base bid into July.

On another note...is anyone keeping track of the block hours and minimum fleet counts?

Here's the new 332 - ready for SJU and then TLV.
http://www.pictaero.com/en/pictures/picture,41036

I've heard that the first A332 will be equipped with the new envoy seats in time for TLV to start. Originally, I believe the first one was to be initially installed with the Majesty seats (and outfitted with the new ones at a later date) while all subsequent ones would get the new seats, which would've been idiotic as envoy customers would've been subjected to a different seat depending on the night they flew!

If you only knew. They screwed up the seats royal style. The first two will be delivered with old Envoy 333-300 seats. Upon arrival of the 3rd 330-200 in October, the first delivery will then be pulled offline to be fitted with the sleeper seats that were suppose to go in at Airbus factory. Oh wait, correction. If AFA wins it's crew rest mod arbitration the route will cease according to Kirby. I bet Airbus just can't stand dealing with US. Only Tempe could screw an aircraft design up on the factory floor.

As I said in my previous post, I've heard otherwise...but it would not surprise me in the least if you were right, simply stunning :down:

I guess we will know for sure in a week or two.

Back