PHX-FRA And PHL-TLV?

please, I haven't even started my 10th yet. What position do you want? Meals or drinks... :lol: Oh wait were gonna have the A380....do you want upstairs or downstairs. :lol:

I'll be downstairs I guess... and I'll take the last break... please leave the crew rest bunks clean. :)

What's sad is that people with our seniority at ANY other major airline actually do have international blocks and work on real airplanes to real places... sigh... where did we go wrong... Can we hurry up and merge with someone? I'm seriously ready to lay this corny airline to rest. If not I'm bailing soon and getting a life like most of my peeps already did!

I'll be downstairs I guess... and I'll take the last break... please leave the crew rest bunks clean. :)

What's sad is that people with our seniority at ANY other major airline actually do have international blocks and work on real airplanes to real places... sigh... where did we go wrong... Can we hurry up and merge with someone? I'm seriously ready to lay this corny airline to rest. If not I'm bailing soon and getting a life like most of my peeps already did!
Good idea, EMBFA, I have been wondering when you were going to get a life. :bleh: :lol:

Well speaking of getting a life....I'm out of here. I got 35+ hours in my check from having no life in Jan flying ETB. I'm gonna go buy food now. Thank god I don't need the foodbank this month. :rolleyes: Hey EMB I'll pick you up some new cabin cruisers for the flight to TLV. Those ones you and I have now are so tight it looks like were baking bread in our shoes. Later all. :lol:

Hey EMB I'll pick you up some new cabin cruisers for the flight to TLV. Those ones you and I have now are so tight it looks like were baking bread in our shoes. Later all. :lol:

OMG, speaking of cabin cruisers.....I worked with somebody that literally had fuzzy slippers on serving up front....I fell on the floor laughing at her....she reminded me of my Grandmother working around the house! :lol:

That's Texas International.... pre-Continental.
No, I remember them using the peanuts fare thing in Greensboro when they made a mini hub there back in the mid 90's. They connected GSO to cities like GSP, RIC, DAY, BHM and about five or six other cities. I was standing in the terminal watching them do a promo where people could throw a bag of peanuts at a target and win a prize. The planes flew with the logo Continental Lite.

Ya know, they way management seems to always go the cheap route, and I was thinking about order backlog from aircraft builders and how long we'd have to wait for new widebodies. Wouldn't it be a laugh riot if they make a large order for new aircraft from russia.

The Il-96-300 is the initial variant and is fitted with Aviadvigatel (Soloviev) PS90A turbofans with a thrust rating of 16,000 kgf (157 kN, 35,300 lbf). Development started in mid-80s while first prototype flew on 28 September 1988, with Russian certification was obtained on 29 December 1992. The first Il-96 entered service with Aeroflot in 1993.

Range with 262 passengers and fuel reserve (for holding during 75 minutes at the altitude 450 m) in a two-class configuration is about 5,940 nautical miles (11,000 km), allowing flights from Moscow to US west coast cities,

I am sure they'd come up 'cost neutral' terms to sell some planes.

PLEASE don't give them any ideas. In addition the a/c mentioned we'd be flying the old YAK-42 PIT-PHL. :lol:

Ya know, they way management seems to always go the cheap route, and I was thinking about order backlog from aircraft builders and how long we'd have to wait for new widebodies. Wouldn't it be a laugh riot if they make a large order for new aircraft from russia.

The Il-96-300 is the initial variant and is fitted with Aviadvigatel (Soloviev) PS90A turbofans with a thrust rating of 16,000 kgf (157 kN, 35,300 lbf). Development started in mid-80s while first prototype flew on 28 September 1988, with Russian certification was obtained on 29 December 1992. The first Il-96 entered service with Aeroflot in 1993.

Range with 262 passengers and fuel reserve (for holding during 75 minutes at the altitude 450 m) in a two-class configuration is about 5,940 nautical miles (11,000 km), allowing flights from Moscow to US west coast cities,
I am sure they'd come up 'cost neutral' terms to sell some planes.
Hey Sweety . Dou you have problems with IL-96-300 ???
This is most safest airplane !!! No accidents yet occured for almost 20 years .
I know that it haven't such a cabin standarts as Airbus or Boeing airplanes but they are really trying .....

Hey Sweety . Dou you have problems with IL-96-300 ???
This is most safest airplane !!! No accidents yet occured for almost 20 years .
I know that it haven't such a cabin standarts as Airbus or Boeing airplanes but they are really trying .....

There are also newer versions out with Western avionics and engines. :) The ruskies are trying more power to them.
If there is any aircraft that can land in a blizzard in PHL it would be a IL 86/96. :lol:

There are also newer versions out with Western avionics and engines. :) The ruskies are trying more power to them.
If there is any aircraft that can land in a blizzard in PHL it would be a IL 86/96. :lol:
I guess US will have to employ Clint Eastwood, and name the plane "Firefox". :up:

The IL-96 is a piece of crap and Aeroflot parked them.
They parked IL-86 's . In the current fleet of Aeroflot there are 7 IL-96-300 and they fly only Longhaul routes .
I personally flew 2 times with them - It was very smooth flight . Only seats were not up to International or I would say Transatlantic standarts .
But hey we are having B757 for Transatlantic !!!!! What could be more terrible than that ????

Il-96 Jets Barred From Flying

By Lyuba Pronina
Staff Writer

Alexander Zemlianichenko / AP

The grounding comes only weeks after Putin's Il-96 had technical problems.

Aeroflot scrambled to adjust its flight schedule on Monday after the Transportation Ministry indefinitely grounded the country's Ilyushin 96-300 planes for safety reasons.

The unprecedented grounding comes only weeks after President Vladimir Putin, on a visit to Finland earlier this month, had to return to Russia aboard a backup Il-62 because of a technical malfunction in his Il-96.

Aeroflot, whose six Il-96s account for 40 percent of its long-haul fleet, canceled all flights to Hanoi and a number of flights to Beijing, Seoul, Toronto and Washington. The airline said it could lose up to $30 million if the flight ban lasted until the end of the year.

The grounding has also created difficulties for KrasAir and Domodedovo Airlines, which operate two and three Il-96s, respectively.

"We are suffering colossal losses," said Olga Trapeznikova, a KrasAir spokeswoman. "This happened in the peak season and has seriously affected our charter program."

There have been 19 incidents with Il-96-300 planes since 1993, Interfax reported Monday, citing Boris Alyoshin, head of the Federal Industry Agency.

The poor man's version of the Boeing 767, the wide-body Il-96 took to the skies in 1993 -- the last big achievement of Soviet civil aviation. The plane seats 300 passengers and has a range of 11,000 kilometers.

Over the weekend, the Federal Transportation Inspection Service forwarded a proposal to ground the Il-96 to Industry and Energy Minister Viktor Khristenko and a number of airlines, the Transportation Ministry said in a statement Monday.

The grounding -- which also affects the two presidential Il-96s operated by Rossia airline -- comes on the heels of a number of incidents earlier this month that affected flight safety, the ministry said, without going into any more detail.

An investigation has identified a defective component in the airplane's braking system as the reason for the malfunctions. The ministry determined that the part had been produced in violation of design requirements and that certificates on its production had been falsified.

The incident with Putin's aircraft sparked the decision to ground the plane, said a source in the transportation inspection service.

"If it had happened to some other aircraft, there would have been the required investigation but not so much noise," said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue.

"Unfortunately, something first needs to happen to a presidential jet for our authorities to take action," said Lev Koshlyakov, Aeroflot's deputy general director.

"We have tomes of correspondence with the manufacturers asking them to make [technical] adjustments. But they either ignore us completely or ask for a lot of money."

Koshlyakov said Aeroflot was busy redrafting its flight schedule and using its own Il-86s, Airbus 320s and Boeing 767s to fill in the gaps.

Koshlyakov said the airline's total losses could amount to $30 million if the grounding lasted until the end of the year.

He also did not rule out that a contract to lease six more Il-96s would now be delayed. Aeroflot's board was set to approve the deal at an extraordinary shareholder meeting scheduled for Sept. 18.

"The grounding would give Aeroflot enough reason to postpone the deal," said Boris Rybak, head of Infomost aviation consultancy.

The delivery schedule of two Il-96s ordered last year by Cubana may also be affected. The Cuban state carrier gave a commitment to Ilyushin Finance Co. for two more Il-96s only last week, at the Seventh Moscow Aviation and Space Show, MAKS 2005.

"This technical malfunction will be fixed quickly and should not affect either of the [Cubana] contracts," said Andrei Lipovetsky, spokesman for Ilyushin Finance, which leases out the plane.

Vyacheslav Salikov, director of VASO, the Ilyushin production plant in Voronezh, said that he welcomed the move by the transportation authorities.

"The Transportation Ministry made the right decision. It is time for the industry to overhaul itself for the sake of future contracts and [for the sake of] post-sale support, beginning with the suppliers of materials and components," he said, speaking by telephone from Voronezh.

"We clinched a few deals at MAKS, and I would like to get guarantees and the requisite documentation on all components so that we don't get the effect of moonshine vodka on our plane."

Salikov did not explain how faulty components ended up in the assembly of the planes. Salikov blamed the splintering of the domestic aviation industry, which led to a lack of accountability and professionalism. The Voronezh plant that makes the Il-96 has 1,200 different suppliers, he said.

In recent years, prosecutors and civil aviation authorities have opened a number of investigations into the use of bootleg components in domestic aircraft, Infomost's Rybak said.

Aeroflot parked them last year for good, and there were only 13 active at the time in the world and Aeroflot had six of them.

No, I remember them using the peanuts fare thing in Greensboro when they made a mini hub there back in the mid 90's. They connected GSO to cities like GSP, RIC, DAY, BHM and about five or six other cities. I was standing in the terminal watching them do a promo where people could throw a bag of peanuts at a target and win a prize. The planes flew with the logo Continental Lite.
I glad somebody remembers Continental Lite wonder if these EXContineatal types were involved sounds awful familiar

Back