Pay to see your own schedule (The America West way of doing business)

Yes the new contract is in full effect and trust me , Josh knows full well what our pay rates are . He just loves to hate on USAirways . Complete loser . Would love to meet him in person and give him a piece of my mind but I am sure I would have to stand in line for that ..

Why are you disseminating misinformation? The contract is not full in effect. Everything scheduling-rules wise is PER EACH OLD CBA. BTW, you are the one that, I believe, pounded on your chest yelling out how much money US Airways F/As make - since like last month (just kidding). BTW, and that's nothing to brag about when once F/As at one company even topped out at $68, and you barely touched $37 at after 20sum years. Please, also be factual enough to remember those days where AWA paid $15/hour the first year, while all others never paid less than $20 in that same time frame, and as some regionals like Comair paid $21. Only Eagle, I can remember being as bad as AWA, hence I turned them down for a job.

Anyway, the point is that running things under AWA management will result in drastic reductions OF EVERYTHING GOOD, in the long term, at American Airlines. Things that are due for implementation, will be dragged out for ever, with the sole purpose of increasing share-holders profit. Anything, where additional money can be squeezed out from employees, for being employed with them, will be thought of and possibly proposed again. I think that's the common theme of AWA that I am trying to make you aware of.

Anyway, the point is that running things under AWA management will result in drastic reductions OF EVERYTHING GOOD, in the long term, at American Airlines. Things that are due for implementation, will be dragged out for ever, with the sole purpose of increasing share-holders profit. Anything, where additional money can be squeezed out from employees, for being employed with them, will be thought of and possibly proposed again. I think that's the common theme of AWA that I am trying to make you aware of.

Have you even bothered to read the backgrounds of the executives? It's evident that you are clueless. That's the common theme.

Al Hemenway, US Airways’ vice president, labor relations, has held the position since November 2004.

Prior to 2004, Hemenway was managing director of labor relations - ground, a position he assumed in 2002. He joined US Airways from PSA Airlines, Inc., in 1988 as a regional manager in customer service with responsibilities for US Airways’ Northeast operations.

Donna Paladini is US Airways’ vice president, airport customer service and operations support.

Paladini is responsible for airport operations, including ticketing, gates, baggage and ramp functions for the airline’s Phoenix Hub operations as well as Northeast, Southeast, Central and West operations. She reports to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Robert Isom.

Paladini, who had been a managing director of customer service since 2002, joined US Airways in 1982 as an auditor and has served in a variety of management positions. These include regional director of customer service, director of customer advocacy, director of dining and cabin services and divisional controller for customer service. At the former US Airways she held the position of vice president, customer service, a position that she obtained in January 2004.

She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from Robert Morris College in Pittsburgh.

Hector Adler joined US Airways in April, 2009, as vice president, inflight services. Adler oversees the airline’s flight attendants, the inflight dining department and leads all facets of onboard products and services.

Adler brings 35 years of airline and inflight services experience to US Airways. Prior to joining US Airways, Adler served as senior vice president, guest experience for the former Eos Airlines where he was responsible for the onboard and airport experience. Before joining Eos Airlines, Adler was vice president, inflight services for Northwest Airlines where he was responsible for onboard service operations, including catering services and product development, and where he had direct line management of more than 10,000 flight attendants. Adler also worked for United Airlines as a director of international inflight services and Pan American World Airways as vice president of inflight and dining services. He started his career as a flight attendant with American Airlines and held a variety of positions with the carrier over a 15-year period, the last being regional manager of international flight service.

Adler earned a Master of Arts in literature from New York University and a Bachelor of Arts in liberal arts from City University of New York. He is fluent in Spanish and Italian and conversational in French and Portuguese.

Terri Pope
Vice President, Airport Customer Service/CLT Hub

Terri Pope serves as vice president, airport customer service/Charlotte Hub for US Airways.

Pope leads all aspects of US Airways’ largest hub, which continues to experience domestic and international growth, and serves as the primary relationship point of contact with the Charlotte Airport Authority. She reports Senior Vice President, Airport Customer Service, International and Cargo Suzanne Boda.

Pope began her career at US Airways working for Air Kentucky Airlines, an Allegheny commuter carrier. Over the course of more than three decades in the airline industry, she has held a variety of positions at US Airways in airport customer service. Pope worked her way up within the airline, serving in various management roles at Boston Logan International Airport; New York’s LaGuardia Airport; West Palm Beach, Fla. and Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport. She was promoted to oversee the Charlotte hub in 2000.

In the summer of 2009, the Charlotte Business Journal recognized Pope as one of the top 25 business women in the Charlotte community.

Captain Ed Bular
Senior Vice President Flight Operations/InFlight

Captain Ed Bular is US Airways’ senior vice president, flight operations. Bular oversees the airline’s flight operations, flight training, simulator engineering, flight technical publications and contract training. Prior to his current role, he held the position of vice president, flight operations, from 2002 to 2006.

Bular began his aviation career in the Air Force and flew T-37s, T-38s, T-33s, A-7s, B-52s and KC-135s. He hired on as a line pilot with USAir in 1980, and has subsequently held the positions of check airman; designated FAA examiner; manager, flight training; assistant chief pilot; senior director, flight operations and vice president, flight operations. Bular has been flight qualified on the Boeing 727, 737, 757 and 767 as well as the McDonnell Douglas DC9, and is currently qualified to operate the Airbus A330.

Bular retired from the military after seven years of active duty and 13 years in the Pennsylvania Air National Guard. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical science from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Fla.

Captain Lyle Hogg
Vice President, Flight Operations

As Vice President, Flight Operations, Captain Lyle Hogg oversees the flight technical operations and flight training groups, maintaining the airline’s operations specifications and overseeing operations compliance with all Federal Aviation Administration requirements. He also supervises the airline’s daily flight operations and the pilot and administrative management teams. Hogg reports directly to Senior Vice President Flight Operations/InFlight, Captain Ed Bular.

Most recently, Hogg was managing director, flight operations. Hogg has been with US Airways for more than two decades and has flown the BAC 1-11, DC9, the Boeing 737 and the Airbus A320 family. In 1996, he was named assistant chief pilot at the Washington D.C./Dulles crew base. Moving up through the pilot management ranks, he was named managing director, flight operations in 2005 overseeing all pilot domiciles and more than 4,000 pilots.

Robert Ciminelli
Vice President, Philadelphia Operation

Bob Ciminelli is US Airways’ vice president, Philadelphia operation, overseeing all aspects of the airline’s operations at its Philadelphia hub. Ciminelli reports to Suzanne Boda, who is the airline’s senior vice president, airport customer service, international and cargo.

Ciminelli’s aviation career spans four decades with American Airlines beginning in 1979 as an airport agent at Los Angeles International Airport. Most recently he was managing director at New York City’s LaGuardia Airport having previously served in the same capacity at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Ciminelli has held several other management positions at airports in Washington D.C., Nashville, Tenn. and Raleigh, N.C.

He attended the University of Buffalo. Ciminelli and his wife Joanne reside in Philadelphia.

Suzanne Boda
Senior Vice President, Airport Customer Service, International and Cargo

Suzanne Boda is US Airways’ senior vice president, airport customer service, international and cargo. Boda oversees the airline’s Charlotte, N.C.; Philadelphia; Washington, D.C.; international and cargo operations. Boda is responsible for coordinating these operations with maintenance, flight operations, inflight and staff functions, which will provide a better product for our customers. Boda is based in Philadelphia and reports directly to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Robert Isom.

Suzanne began her aviation career with Northwest Airlines in 1983 as a passenger service representative and Japanese interpreter at Northwest’s Minneapolis hub. She served as Northwest’s vice president, inflight services; vice president, customer service station operations and vice president, customer service of Northwest’s hub in Memphis, Tenn.

She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Asian studies and in Spanish from Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minn.

And lets see who are the two top officers?

Doug Parker- America West
Scott Kirby-America West
Elise E-America West.

No one from US Airways is the main point of contact to the Charlotte Airport Authority.... The airport is run by the City of Charlotte, not by an authority or a commission (yet).

Is any of that untrue? Pilots and FAs at USAIR are among the lowest paid and management with the collaboration of the unions on the property have successfully prolonged the concessions, yet you guys keep giving and showing up everday. Judging by how USAIR treats their current employees if this stupid merger ends up going through why would their management team great the combined group any better?

You do pay to bid at home, do you not? What a complete joke, does US ask you to bring in money coffee for a coffee fund too? Meanwhile AA has equipped all FAs with Samsung Note tablets and has had enterprise mobile application on iOS for FAs to use for several years now.

USAIR, while by definition is a network legacy carrier is in the same league as the Allegiants and Spirits of the industry.

Josh

Usairways, the airline that had the gall to charge for water. No legacy ever sank that low.

Why even bother to fly USAirways if you hate it so much ? Take your business elsewhere .

Believe me I would, I wasn't the one who made the arrangements. I go to great lengths and expense to avoid flying US, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

Josh

Amen, I can just see what US Air[cough] America West is going to those tablets... When America West didn't even want to keep the entertainment system that they already had on their own fleet and that of US Airways, you think that they are going to continue providing tablets to their employees?

LOL

Dream on... folks...

If history is an indicator of the future, then this
http://www.aa.com/i1...galaxy-note.jsp
will not be in it.

Sadly you are probably right, but if this does end up happening hopefully they will bring you guys upto AA standards and given adequate technology and resources to do your job most efficiently and professionally.

Josh

hook-line-sinker.gif

Amen, I can just see what US Air[cough] America West is going to those tablets... When America West didn't even want to keep the entertainment system that they already had on their own fleet and that of US Airways, you think that they are going to continue providing tablets to their employees?

LOL

Dream on... folks...

If history is an indicator of the future, then this
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/samsung-galaxy-note.jsp
will not be in it.

Don't be too impressed with the tablets. They are Galaxy Tabs, generation 1. (I think they picked them up cheap at a yard sale somewhere.) Talk to ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon. They will all tell you that the Galaxy, version 1 was a piece of junk. Also, AA contracted with Sleazy Ramon's Information Technology Shop and Used Car Lot to do the programming.

Though they are working better than when they first implemented them, there are still real programming problems with the Tabs. Computers are dumb animals. They know two numbers--zero and one. They do exactly what they are told to do. When you press A and you are supposed to get B, you should always get B. With our tabs you get B most of the time now, but sometimes you still get C or D or Q. That is sloppy programming.

Douche bag .

Right back at you. And I hope if this merger happens your flying partners treat you guys as the Ugly Stepchildren, just like Deloitte Consultants are doing the Monitor Group associates that got folded in...

Josh

Latest posts

Back