passengers

confused

Dec 13, 2009
OK our NEW manager is trying so hared to make a name for himself--that we are leaving yes leaving passengers standing at the doorway to get the 10 min door closed-we are leaving the gate 7 and 8 min early---are we not here to make money? WE can leave as early as you want and have an ontime airline but what is the point if we fly no people

OK our NEW manager is trying so hared to make a name for himself--that we are leaving yes leaving passengers standing at the doorway to get the 10 min door closed-we are leaving the gate 7 and 8 min early---are we not here to make money? WE can leave as early as you want and have an ontime airline but what is the point if we fly no people

I'm curious, what is his regional manager's name? Is it a female?

Perhaps someone in Tempe Corporate needs to remind their managers (up to and including their Regionals) what company policy is. Here is a response I received from Corporate in regards to minimum connecting times and the hubs leaving people behind on close connections. My question to them was about minimum connecting times being lengthened since we close the doors 10 minutes early.

Allow me to clarify -- Our close door policy is still 5 minutes; however, we “closeâ€￾ the flight 10 minutes prior to boarding to allow time for the processing of any stand-by customers.

And if the Regionals think threatening to write agents up for delays is going to make them go away, you're delusional. All you're going to do is p-o the agents.
How are the agents supposed to force customers to get off and on the plane if they are slow or in wheelchairs or have kids with lots of stuff? I can't wait for one of these to go to a level to see how the company can justify discipline if the agent does what they are supposed to (ie board 30/35 minutes before departure). Also, the company is creating the bag check fiasco at departure with the fees and no enforcement of baggage policies before the door of the plane. Ever try to board a Monday morning Boeing to DCA and NOT have to check 20-30 bags?

Perhaps someone in Tempe Corporate needs to remind their managers (up to and including their Regionals) what company policy is. Here is a response I received from Corporate in regards to minimum connecting times and the hubs leaving people behind on close connections. My question to them was about minimum connecting times being lengthened since we close the doors 10 minutes early.

Allow me to clarify -- Our close door policy is still 5 minutes; however, we “closeâ€￾ the flight 10 minutes prior to boarding to allow time for the processing of any stand-by customers.

And if the Regionals think threatening to write agents up for delays is going to make them go away, you're delusional. All you're going to do is p-o the agents.
How are the agents supposed to force customers to get off and on the plane if they are slow or in wheelchairs or have kids with lots of stuff? I can't wait for one of these to go to a level to see how the company can justify discipline if the agent does what they are supposed to (ie board 30/35 minutes before departure). Also, the company is creating the bag check fiasco at departure with the fees and no enforcement of baggage policies before the door of the plane. Ever try to board a Monday morning Boeing to DCA and NOT have to check 20-30 bags?

So then if I understand this correctly some one one in a Wheelchair or blind facing a minimum connecting time would in theory have a cause of action against US?

So then if I understand this correctly some one one in a Wheelchair or blind facing a minimum connecting time would in theory have a cause of action against US?

Why would they? They could choose to take a connection that isn't 40 minutes. Why is it the airline's fault that they are enforcing policy? I can't see an agent denying boarding to a pax with a disability with one minute to door-closing. We do preboard for a reason...

Handicap passengers are not required to preboard

Of course they aren't required. I'm just saying...
And LORD KNOWS some of them LINE UP IN DROVES on certain *cough* (PBI, RSW) flights...
and magically half run, not walk, off. *tears well up* It's a miracle!

I been saying for many years now--board them LAST, especially the ones who have aisle seats. I bet half of them will get up in a hurry...40+ years ago both sets of my grandparents used to travel LGA/MIA-SRQ but all 4 stopped once they couldn't walk well anymore--they had too much pride to get pushed and pulled in any wheelchair device--they had PRIDE.

Latest posts

Back