Ok..more merger news

I wonder if the creditors are positioning Bethune to be the CEO of a standalone DL? This may be instant credibility in their eyes.

Who else would know better how to carve up the Delta beast at the dinner for the ceo Who's.

This story can't possibly be true. Delta pilots and business experts luv2fly and delta 777 have already pointed out that Delta's creditor's committee has firmly endorsed Delta's stand alone plan. So stop contradicting them.....or they might have another meltdown. :shock:

Hmm...lemme think about this for a sec. I can either have the tried and true Gordon Bethune, who's credentials are unquestioned, take over for Mr. Grinstein and Delta remains a stand-alone carrier, or i can have Doogie Parker, aka "the only thing LCC about US Airways is the pay", aka "shareholder value.".

I need to think this over, let me back to ya' dariencc. Better yet, shock me, say something intelligent.

Hmm...lemme think about this for a sec. I can either have the tried and true Gordon Bethune, who's credentials are unquestioned, take over for Mr. Grinstein and Delta remains a stand-alone carrier, or i can have Doogie Parker, aka "the only thing LCC about US Airways is the pay", aka "shareholder value.".

I need to think this over, let me back to ya' dariencc. Better yet, shock me, say something intelligent.
-----------------------------------------------------
Bethune has'nt been hired by the creditors to run delta. he's been brought in to convince delta management to do what is best for creditor return.... And if what was best for creditor return was deltas POR filed last week, they would'nt have needed to hire him now would they.

Boy your a sharp one delta777, you really read between the lines........

Bethune has'nt been hired by the creditors to run delta. he's been brought in to convince delta management to do what is best for creditor return.... And if what was best for creditor return was deltas POR filed last week, they would'nt have needed to hire him now would they.

Have the creditors hired Bethune to advise them, or to advise DL management?

BINGO we have a winner.

The creditors know that the sum of the pieces is more than the whole.

Gordo is not your friend delta777

BINGO we have a winner.

The creditors know that the sum of the pieces is more than the whole.

Gordo is not your friend delta777
---------------------------------------------------------

The Delta employees will do just fine whether this merger goes thru or not. It will be much different from here on out. They have always been seen as an excellent company, both to work for and from an investor point of view. That being said, I believe their lot in the industry has changed.

They can have a lesson in survivorship from their percieved unwelcomed suitors. They still have a sophmoric allegience to the company that they have hooked their careers to. Let me clue them into a few things, we at USAIRways have come to take for granted.

USAIRways is not suppose to be here. We should by most accounts not have survived the last 15plus years, Warren Buffett indicated it was one of the worst investments he ever made. Yet Wallstreet investment firms continue to throw a few sheckles our way, why?

USAIRways is a shell of a company. It survives only because the employees had no where else to go. So we exist, go on to work another day. Always with the hope of a better day in the future. USAIRways survives of the backs of the employees.

We are about to see what the Delta employees, pilots especially, are made of. If they really want to fly for their next meal. Pick up a book of the FAR's, it will become the bible of your duty time. Contracts are not always as much a concern as the validity of your next paycheck. After you exit bankruptcy, the reality of your new lot in life will really hit home. Wait till the wife realizes the life she came to expect and enjoy is gone, possibly forever. Wait till the kids have to give up on a few things they have come to assume was their right. It is not their fault nor the employees, it is just not there anymore.

It is a new life, sometimes great, always hard. Together or alone USAIRways will survive, we continue to prove that day after day. If Delta goes it alone, best of luck, your gonna need it.

Rember one thing, not unlike divorce, in bankruptcy nothing is guarranteed until the judge drops the gavel. Any and all contractual gives can be removed at the last minute, "To get the Exit financing" or what ever other reason the powers that be come up with.

"Welcome to the Jungle"!!

---------------------------------------------------------

The Delta employees will do just fine whether this merger goes thru or not. ---remainder edited- DO NOT quote lengthy posts PLEASE!- mods

Very true, Thats ok they are still in denial they are even in BK... Those Delta buses will be gone soon and they will be commoners - OH the tragedy... In my opinion USAir UAL AA and NWA should put in to chop them up and just get them out of the market and all take market share... I guess no matter what happens poor ole DAL will never be the same... TEAR...

Very true, Thats ok they are still in denial they are even in BK... Those Delta buses will be gone soon and they will be commoners - OH the tragedy... In my opinion USAir UAL AA and NWA should put in to chop them up and just get them out of the market and all take market share... I guess no matter what happens poor ole DAL will never be the same... TEAR...

Please don't shed any tears for me, you'll need them when Delta exits bankruptcy and runs roughshod over Doogie's airline.

The [edited].

That was totally uncalled for. You should be able to disagree without becoming disagreeable.

Please don't shed any tears for me, you'll need them when Delta exits bankruptcy and runs roughshod over Doogie's airline.

The [edited].
----------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind your medical coverage could become more expensive or change all together upon exit from bankruptcy. However existing conditions are usually still covered. If your company offers EAP or an analist......

Denial is the first sign of trouble....

----------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind your medical coverage could become more expensive or change all together upon exit from bankruptcy. However existing conditions are usually still covered. If your company offers EAP or an analist......

Denial is the first sign of trouble....

Speaking from experience?

Speaking from experience?
-------------------------------------------------------

Speaking from the experience of an airline pilot who has been thru 2 corporate bankruptcy's, yes!! You have not a clue how your life is about to be utterly and completely changed....

Good luck to you, I really mean that.......

Back