Northwest Declines Binding Arbitration

magsau

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Somebody had to post it......The question now is if a deal is not reached will GWB invoke the PEB as this is starting to look like a labor day event. What are the political links at NWA? Do they wish to use the replacements and carry on or do they want the NW mechanics at amended terms?

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/050719/1135717.html?.v=2

magsau said:
Somebody had to post it......The question now is if a deal is not reached will GWB invoke the PEB as this is starting to look like a labor day event. What are the political links at NWA? Do they wish to use the replacements and carry on or do they want the NW mechanics at amended terms?
http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/050719/1135717.html?.v=2
[post="282574"][/post]​

The countdown will begin very soon! TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK

Come on guys, fall on the sword like you were advising us to do in May. Show the world that you mean business!!!! :up:

Northwest mechanics union members authorize strike
Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:01 AM ET

CHICAGO, July 19 (Reuters) - Mechanics at Northwest Airlines Corp.(NWAC.O: Quote, Profile, Research) have voted overwhelmingly to approve a strike against the airline, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association said on Tuesday.
In ballots tallied earlier on Tuesday, 92.4 percent of the AMFA members working at Northwest authorized their national leader to call a strike, the union said.

It won't be the first time a work group goes on strike against NW. There's a little history there. Thus, the need for the scabs in the first place.

Red Tail Bear said:
It won't be the first time a work group goes on strike against NW. There's a little history there. Thus, the need for the scabs in the first place.
[post="282602"][/post]​

But it will be the first time a work group goes on strike during the tumultuous times we are in right now. Everyone else has steered clear. Will NW unions?

power-of-stupidity.jpg

Fly said:
But it will be the first time a work group goes on strike during the tumultuous times we are in right now. Everyone else has steered clear. Will NW unions?

power-of-stupidity.jpg

[post="282617"][/post]​

No, their not smart enough. TIMMMMBEEERRRRR.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!! :up: :up: :up:

WNrforlife said:
No, their not smart enough. TIMMMMBEEERRRRR.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!! :up: :up: :up:
[post="282622"][/post]​

Please do us all a favor and ooze back into your hole. Pathetic POS.

Fly said:
Come on guys, fall on the sword like you were advising us to do in May. Show the world that you mean business!!!!
[post="282593"][/post]​

I'm not aware of any post by any NWA mechanic suggesting anything of the sort, perhaps you will provide a link to the post to which you are referring?

I have no knowledge of posters actual professions but I'd be more than happy to provide links telling us to "fall on the sword".

Fly said:
I have no knowledge of posters actual professions but I'd be more than happy to provide links telling us to "fall on the sword".
[post="282716"][/post]​

Well,you scabs at United did fall on the sword by voting YES, didn't you?

You know I was at work to today and this FLY was "bugging" me. I rolled up my maintenance manual paperwork and swatted it. It didn't FLY to well anymore after it had been crushed flat.
:wacko:

LOL :up:

Which airline was the first to EAGERLY bend over and take cuts??? Don't talk to us about "scabs"

[picture deleted- come on Fly, you know better]

Fly said:
LOL  :up:

Which airline was the first to EAGERLY bend over and take cuts???  Don't talk to us about "scabs"

[picture deleted- come on Fly, you know better.]
[post="282780"][/post]​

What exactly is your picture supposed to infer? Regardless, IMO, is exhibits extremely poor taste to use pictures of a salvage operation.

Back