" FRANCIS is coming.............FRANCIS is coming " !

# 1.   ........FRANCIS is one very cool DUDE !

I turned in my 'Christian membership card' 10 years ago, after finally realizing that Christianity was the  ' GREATEST STORY...ever  SOLD '   !!  (Waaaaay to much of a stretch for a man of VIRGIN birth, walking on water, turning water into wine, with a phoney Birthday, and levitating 'up to the sky'.  Gospels hand selected, others left out )

The CREATOR (god), I'm stuck at 50/50 between creation and evolution !

BUT.

# 2.  ,,,,,,,,,,,,( Please refer to # 1 )  !!!!!!!!!!! 

KCFlyer said:

I do. Even today, I have a guy on another board who touts being a good Christian (while hurling personal insults at other posters....WWJD) who has the gall to tell me that my mother will never see Jesus because she was never "born again" and accepted Jesus Christ as her personal lord and savior.    

I worked with a dude like that. Mr Benevolence thou shalt not this or that in his presence.
My buddy rode with him. He had some pretty cool tales of Christian road rage and all kinds of 'heathen behavior' and language on the way home.
LOL

delldude said:

I worked with a dude like that. Mr Benevolence thou shalt not this or that in his presence.
My buddy rode with him. He had some pretty cool tales of Christian road rage and all kinds of 'heathen behavior' and language on the way home.
LOL

When my father had cancer and couldn't do the handyman jobs around the house anymore - he hired a guy to fix the door to the garage.  He had the requisite fish on his business card and on the back of his truck, and sang praises to God and Jesus when discussing the work to be done.  Turned out he did a slipshod job, and wouldn't even return my dads calls.  That's when my dad taught me one of his final lessons...he said "Never trust a guy with a fish on his truck - he'll screw you over quicker than any heathen".

KCFlyer said:

When my father had cancer and couldn't do the handyman jobs around the house anymore - he hired a guy to fix the door to the garage.  He had the requisite fish on his business card and on the back of his truck, and sang praises to God and Jesus when discussing the work to be done.  Turned out he did a slipshod job, and wouldn't even return my dads calls.  That's when my dad taught me one of his final lessons...he said "Never trust a guy with a fish on his truck - he'll screw you over quicker than any heathen"

We were ordering fish one Friday evening in the repair shop and you could get it baked or fried. The guy I mentioned before had one of those fish on his trunk lid, the guy taking fish orders asked him if that fish on his car was baked or fried. He went bonkers, we had to unscrew him from the roof.

KCFlyer said:
When my father had cancer and couldn't do the handyman jobs around the house anymore - he hired a guy to fix the door to the garage.  He had the requisite fish on his business card and on the back of his truck, and sang praises to God and Jesus when discussing the work to be done.  Turned out he did a slipshod job, and wouldn't even return my dads calls.  That's when my dad taught me one of his final lessons...he said "Never trust a guy with a fish on his truck - he'll screw you over quicker than any heathen".
I have heard that story more than once.

10 Stories The Media Won’t Tell You About The Pope’s USA Visit

It’s fashionable to emphasize Pope Francis’s leftist-sounding statements. But that’s not all he says.

1. Pope Admonishes Obama for Attacks on Religious Liberty

2. Pope Admonishes Congress for Political Gridlock

3. Pope Celebrates the American Dream

4. Pope Denounces Government Overreach

5. Pope Praises American Federalism

6. Pope Affirms Merits of the Free Market

7. Pope Equates Planned Parenthood to State-Sponsored Execution

8. Pope Encourages Obamacare Opponents

9. Pope Calls for Honest Debate on Climate Change

10. Pope Laments Redefinition of Marriage

townpete said:
10 Stories The Media Won’t Tell You About The Pope’s USA Visit

It’s fashionable to emphasize Pope Francis’s leftist-sounding statements. But that’s not all he says.
1. Pope Admonishes Obama for Attacks on Religious Liberty

2. Pope Admonishes Congress for Political Gridlock

3. Pope Celebrates the American Dream

4. Pope Denounces Government Overreach

5. Pope Praises American Federalism

6. Pope Affirms Merits of the Free Market

7. Pope Equates Planned Parenthood to State-Sponsored Execution

8. Pope Encourages Obamacare Opponents

9. Pope Calls for Honest Debate on Climate Change

10. Pope Laments Redefinition of Marriage

You know you're getting old when you can rememeber when the same group applauding the pope today were the same ones that worried that electing a Catholic would mean the US would be run by the pope in 1960.

KCFlyer said:

You know you're getting old when you can rememeber when the same group applauding the pope today were the same ones that worried that electing a Catholic would mean the US would be run by the pope in 1960.

Showing your age Pal......LOL

Your St Peter story......there's a Steeler one....if I can remember, I'll post it.

townpete said:
Pope: Workers Have 'Human Right' to Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

Pope Francis appeared to weigh in on the side of anti-gay-marriage clerk Kim Davis,
saying government workers have a "human right"
to refuse to carry out a duty if they have a "conscientious objection."

Does that mean I can join the military and then claim that I have a conscientious objection to shooting at another human being....and I can still pull a paycheck?  I mean...they DO have desk jobs in the military. 

KCFlyer said:
Does that mean I can join the military and then claim that I have a conscientious objection to shooting at another human being....and I can still pull a paycheck?  I mean...they DO have desk jobs in the military.
See that right there people? That's what it looks like when the left falls out of love with one of their heroes.

lol

townpete said:
See that right there people? That's what it looks like when the left falls out of love with one of their heroes.

lol

Nope...it's opening a door....you want Kim Davis (a new republican...congratulations...she'll serve the base well) to be allowed to not do her job because her conscience  tells her it's bad.  What happens if a military guy wakes up one morning and finds Jesus...just as Kim found Jesus (both after taking their respective jobs) and refuses to do it?  In the past it was court martial.  But with your view on things - he should be able to keep his job AND pull a paycheck for not doing it.

Sound farfetched?  Kim was married and divorced 4 times before finding Jesus...she's a sinner.   The military guy may well have killed a few enemy before finding Jesus.  In his conscience, he too is a sinner.  But all is not lost - BOTH accepted Jesus into their hearts as their personal lord and saviour.    If we accommodate one, then the other shouldn't be court martialed, and he too should be able to keep his job with his full pay. See how that works?  

FWIW - the pope never spoke for me when I was a Catholic..he still doesn't.  Oh...and by the way...Kim still thinks he's going to hell because he doesn't accept Jesus as his personal lord and savior.  

KCFlyer said:
Nope...it's opening a door....you want Kim Davis (a new republican...congratulations...she'll serve the base well) to be allowed to not do her job because her conscience  tells her it's bad.  What happens if a military guy wakes up one morning and finds Jesus...just as Kim found Jesus (both after taking their respective jobs) and refuses to do it?  In the past it was court martial.  But with your view on things - he should be able to keep his job AND pull a paycheck for not doing it.

Sound farfetched?  Kim was married and divorced 4 times before finding Jesus...she's a sinner.   The military guy may well have killed a few enemy before finding Jesus.  In his conscience, he too is a sinner.  But all is not lost - BOTH accepted Jesus into their hearts as their personal lord and saviour.    If we accommodate one, then the other shouldn't be court martialed, and he too should be able to keep his job with his full pay. See how that works?  

FWIW - the pope never spoke for me when I was a Catholic..he still doesn't.  Oh...and by the way...Kim still thinks he's going to hell because he doesn't accept Jesus as his personal lord and savior.
See that right there people? That's what a full blown liberal meltdown looks like.

lol

townpete said:
See that right there people? That's what a full blown liberal meltdown looks like.

lol

I'm not melting down really...the meltdown is when 3/4 of the GOP field is at a "values voters" conference.  I think they are giving odds in Vegas of the first member of the Grand Old Pander party to start speaking in tongues to woo those "undecided" bible voters.  

KCFlyer said:

Law says she can't be removed.

Show me someone who has not sinned.

UCMJ is a different world.

Back