EOS 757s

I would bet the majority of them are leased, I just looked up a few of their tail numbers and they are owned by ILFC.

What was the seating on the all business class? Could we use them on the lighter Atlantic routes?

What an idea ! GROW from within. I have to believe that the DOT would want some assets from the NWA/DAL to be sold to other carriers. And with the cash on hand at US ol' Dougie could do some shopping.

Their oldest was built in 1992 and their newest was built in 1998, but they are all leased from ILFC.

The DOT cannot make them divest assets, that would be the DOJ, they approve mergers not the DOT.

In last week's conference call, or Q and A with employees, Scott Kirby mentioned we were interested in picking up some of ATA's 757's

In last week's conference call, or Q and A with employees, Scott Kirby mentioned we were interested in picking up some of ATA's 757's
Hmm, but for what purpose? Are they ETOPS that can be used on more transatlantic routes? Or would Tempe just rip out all but 8 F/C seats and use them as cattle cars on LAS and MCO runs? ;)

ATA's 757s are ETOPS qualified.

But once again they were all leased.

Ripping out all but 8 FC seats... for LAS and MCO. If this were a West based plane, we have 14 seats in FC. And, it'd be amazing to have a 757 built in 1992 since the West's are all built from 1937-1940. :down: ATA or Eos, I say additions of 757's would be welcome.

1937-1940?

Sorry but their were no 757s built then.

The first 757-200 rolled out of the Boeing Renton, Wash., plant Jan. 13, 1982, and made its first flight Feb. 19, 1982. The U. S. Federal Aviation Administration certified the aircraft Dec. 21, 1982, after 1,380 hours of flight testing over a 10-month period.

First delivery of a 757-200 took place Dec. 22, 1982, to launch customer Eastern Airlines. Eastern placed the aircraft into service Jan. 1, 1983. On Jan. 14, 1983, the British Civil Aviation Authority certified the 757-200 to fly in the United Kingdom. British Airways, another launch customer for the 757-200, is now a major operator of the twinjet.

Ripping out all but 8 FC seats... for LAS and MCO. If this were a West based plane, we have 14 seats in FC. And, it'd be amazing to have a 757 built in 1992 since the West's are all built from 1937-1940. :down: ATA or Eos, I say additions of 757's would be welcome.
they rolled off of the line after Jed Clampetts fine ride.....

Back