Delta running SWA out of ATL

Well it’s starting to look like the cracks in the armor are breaking at SWA. I guess the Low Cost disrupter can no longer compete against the behemoth’s. I am sorry for the employees though. Maybe many of them will get hired by Delta.

Its too bad this has to happen, but my guess is their business model isn't sustainable.

They pride themselves in doing differently, and I bet that comes at a cost.

They are too stuck in their old ways of doing things, I doubt they will be eligible for re-hire from Delta.

Times has change and industry has changed, an old timers Southwest who still thinks its 1980s will be fired on the spot at Delta. Yeah thats food for thought.

Its too bad this has to happen, but my guess is their business model isn't sustainable.

They pride themselves in doing differently, and I bet that comes at a cost.

They are too stuck in their old ways of doing things, I doubt they will be eligible for re-hire from Delta.

Times has change and industry has changed, an old timers Southwest who still thinks its 1980s will be fired on the spot at Delta. Yeah thats food for thought.

244 Ramp Agents. No I don’t like hearing about any of these people going through things that I’ve gone through myself. But it is the nature of this business and SWA was isolated from it for long enough.

They’ll get hired. Remember they would all be the more junior employees that would be furloughed and not want to move because it would cost them too much. But it will also depend how many people Delta might need if they fill the void?

IMG_1459.jpeg

Its a sad day for anyone hired at that horrible place. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. First they'll call it bid relocation, in an effort to not furlough. That Southwest propaganda **** is old news, just call it what it is, a layoff.

So much for never laying off a single employee motto, those people should of known it was a lie and more corporate bs.

According to this and several other news outlets, the company isn't laying anyone off, they'll be offered jobs elsewhere ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...rlines-atlanta-service-reduction/75375385007/

" All employees will be given an opportunity to transfer stations, Southwest said, and the upcoming changes won’t take effect for at least six months. "

While they may be in the unenviable position of having to up root themselves and bump/transfer, they at least aren't being furloughed out right. If they wish to stay with SWA, albeit at another station, they at least have that choice.

Airline Employment 101.

Its always been a shady company with shady business practices. I hope that activist investor fires all of them and clean that mess up.

Back