CLT Airport bets a billion on future amid US Airways concerns

Oh, pitosh, WT. There are ways around the antitrust issues. I still believe that a DL/AA merger is more likely than an AA/US merger. Stop service at certain areas, cut service at others, etc., don't tell me there aren't ways around the obvious ;)
which is why I say DL would pursue AA before US.... AA adds a whole lot strategically that US does not. and I agree with you that to gain the right assets, you can indeed find ways to meet antitrust regulations.... I just don't think that will happen w/ US.

which is why I say DL would pursue AA before US.... AA adds a whole lot strategically that US does not. and I agree with you that to gain the right assets, you can indeed find ways to meet antitrust regulations.... I just don't think that will happen w/ US.
To say it won't happen w/ US came as a shock to me in my early reply on this thread. But nothing, at this point surprises me!

I'm personally pushing for a DL-US merger. That would make me a 2 million miler overnight. ;)

But, my money is still on US trying to buy AA with investor $s.

I'm personally pushing for a DL-US merger. That would make me a 2 million miler overnight. ;)

But, my money is still on US trying to buy AA with investor $s.
Key word-trying.

Is there any way to know when a judge will come to a decision, so we can know instead of speculate?

Is there any way to know when a judge will come to a decision, so we can know instead of speculate?
The only judge that would preside over a merger agreement is the bankruptcy judge, but he doesn't get to make the decision.

Jim

Pittsburgh metropolitan area 2,360,000 people. Charlotte metropolitan area 1,795,000 people.

You need to get out of Charlotte someday. Big world out here.

Give him/her a break. Being Charlotte/North Carolina/Tidewater-centric is not a minor illness nor is it particularly new. I lived in Charlotte back in the mid-1960's. At the time Charlotte was the largest city in the Carolinas, and had a population of about 250,000. (North Carolina was the only state east of the Mississippi with a predominantly rural population according to Census records.) At the same time Birmingham (my birth city) had a metro population of almost 700,000 (the steel mills and the coal and iron ore mines were still working). People in Charlotte refused to believe that Birmingham or even Atlanta was bigger than Charlotte. :lol:

A good part of it has to do with major corporations in the area as well. Just because one area has more people, doesn't mean that that many more are going to travel.

Back