Boeing 757 Returning From Mojave?

CLT-Douglas

Advanced
Feb 12, 2003
I was looking at some pictures on Airliners.net and noticed two pictures of N615AU (Boeing 757) that had been parked in Majave for a long time seems to be back in service. The pictures were taken in Luxembourg which I thought was strange. Anyone have any info on this plane? Is it back with US Airways or being leased out to someone else? Thanks.

757 Picture In Question

The two airplanes were leased to an airline in England, they were lease returned to Bank of America/Boeing during Chapter 11.

Theres another picture on a.net of a US Airways 757, fully painted, sitting on the ramp in MAN. Two of them are going to something called First Choice Airways. They will be overhauled, and hopefully repainted, in Abu Dhabi.

At least Phuket Air of Thailand had the decency to paint thier own name on this former MetroJet. If US ever got the plane back, the name is oddly appropriate.

378748.jpg

Light Years said:
Theres another picture on a.net of a US Airways 757, fully painted, sitting on the ramp in MAN. Two of them are going to something called First Choice Airways. They will be overhauled, and hopefully repainted, in Abu Dhabi.

At least Phuket Air of Thailand had the decency to paint thier own name on this former MetroJet. If US ever got the plane back, the name is oddly appropriate.

378748.jpg
I believe that's the LGA-PBI shuttle. It has been in talks. Good to see U has finally created something that makes sense. it'll go junior...

--- :ph34r:

The planes were returned in bankruptcy, they are no longer leased to US, they were returned to Boeing/Bank of America, NEVER to return to US Airways, they were ferried to MAN for repainting and maintenance before they went into revenue service.

Just like A/C 647US a 767-2000 which was returned to BOA/Boeing is now flying in Africa for Air Nambia.

Thanks for the update. I knew of one 757 being leased out, but I didn't know there was two. This one was a newer 757 built in the 90's wasn't it? I hate to see any of them go, they are a great aircraft.

Yes they were newer, 615 and 616 but 618 is an old EAL bird.

N615AU B757 MHV-YQX-LUX-AUH

my friend called me the other day, she was watching the Rutan SpaceShipOne return and saw the USAir 727 tail in the shot behind the spectators...she commented.."Wow, USAir flys everywhere!!!"

lol.

We use to have a hub in MHV, lol, that 727 is one of the old Trump Shuttle planes. And Christine is still in the fleet and flying, worked her yesterday, SXM-CLT.

Back