Australia

Firehawk,

Will do. I took him for a flight around town on Thursday, let him have a play with one of my toys: not sure if I'll play with the 205, tho' it's the nicest one that I've seen for a long time ;) Might let him near the 109E if he's good.....

Picapart,

Any idea which location you'll be at? McD is sending one 214B to Essendon, plus the NZ Mil-8 will be based down the road at Mansfield, plus the Aircrane at Essendon: all three will be contract machines, plus the BK117 at Bacchus Marsh, and the 412/212/205 and Firebirds on long term contracts. Good luck dealing with DSE (Department of Soot and Embers) if you come our way, the Air Desk is holier than thou. PITA :rolleyes:

heli: I'm not sure of our location, but the rumor I heard is in the sydney area. I never even ask anymore cause as per industry standard, things allways change. I read in heli-ops forum that helitrans out of Norway is also sending a machine to work for McDermott.

Yes Helitrans is sending one of their 214s down. Johnny Mac will have a total of five 214s on the fire, three of his own, one from Transwest and one from Helitrans. Good to see an Aussie operator taking the initiative. Will be an eclectic mix for this season including the following:

Superior Helicopter - 2 x Kmax
Carson Helicopters - 2 S-61s (maybe one with the new belly tank)
Erickson/Helicorp - 3 x Cranes
McDermott - 5 x 214Bs
Tim Turner - 1 x BO-105
Various - BK-117s
Various - Bell 204s
Various - Bell 205s
Various - AS350s including B3s.
Heli Harvest - 2 x Mil Mi-8s

Probably some other types but this will give you an idea.

Heli Ops

Firehawk,

Message passed on, talk about puzzled !! The 205 went for a test flight yesterday, pic attached of it on the tarmac. I'll try to get him in the 109E on Thursday ;)

Hangar%20hardstand.JPG

Sorry that I might seem stupid here, but would this be the Helitrans you're refering to?
www.helitrans.no
The norwegian company? They operate I believe 2 bell 214B1's

That 205 is painted the same colours as the ones I used to fly at "Viking Helicopters Ltd". Sold one to California Fire department and the other to "Air Alma" in Alma, Que. Any idea on the history.

Cheers Don McDougall

It really sounds like there is a lot of flying going on in OZ so when I get there on the 6th of Dec. I will look around and see if there are any people I know down there. I wish I could miss the hole winter, but Kelowna is not a bad place to be in the winter.
Heli-Ops are you going to be in OZ in Dec?
Cheers Ken B)

204B Driver - Might get over there if the fires get going. I have great relationship with the RFS people in NSW and get to jump on their air attack ships all the time and dont really know many of those in Victoria but will see what happens.

By the way who actually owns the 205 and who has the contract down there.

Heli Ops

Blackmac said:
That 205 is painted the same colours as the ones I used to fly at "Viking Helicopters Ltd". Sold one to California Fire department and the other to "Air Alma" in Alma, Que. Any idea on the history.

Cheers Don McDougall
Don,

The 205 is ex California, very nice condition, and only 10,000 hrs on it. Obviously well looked after in a previous life!

Ken,

Kelowna's a lovely place in the winter, wish I could get back for a bit of decent skiing at Big White ;) You're lucky to have Dave W., great boss, even if he is an ex K1W1 :rolleyes:

Ned,

Contract is Helicorp's, aircraft is owned by Venture.

Heli
Thanks for passing that on, I'm sure he was stumped on that one. Tell Him Beagle says hi.
If you take him up in the 109, You tell him no bragging allowed when he gets back here. Im sure he is having a tough time there with out his Tim Hortons coffee each morning. Cheers.

Firehawk,

He dosn't need Hortons, we've got an expresso machine in the office ;)

Bragging rights? He's already flown the BK117, and has reluctantly accepted the booking to fly the Power tomorrow :rolleyes:

Heli - Whats the Bristow Puma doing there, they get lost on the Troughton Island run or is that the contract they spoke about servicing some drilling operation just off the coast from Melbourne.

Heli Ops

P.S. Power looks beautiful.

Two Super Pumas in the shed for Bass Strait contract until next year.

Power is nice and speedy (150kias cruise), lot different to the old A's & C, but still got poxy payload :( Full EFIS & FADEC is also terribly twee, but the radar is an overkill ;)

Back