As the Alliance Turns.....more AA/BA/IB drama

they may be FORCED to give up slots, to CAL DAL or whoever may want them.. I doubt they will let 14 a day fly
What do you base this on? How much market share did KLM or LH have to give up? ZERO!

Nice of you to lump EWR in to your 14. If you break it down at EWR CO has 3, VS has 2 BA has 3 and AA 0. At JFK VS has 2 DAL has 2 BA has 6 and AA has 5 KU has 1

What do you base this on? How much market share did KLM or LH have to give up? ZERO!

Nice of you to lump EWR in to your 14. If you break it down at EWR CO has 3, VS has 2 BA has 3 and AA 0. At JFK VS has 2 DAL has 2 BA has 6 and AA has 5 KU has 1

Well, none, LH has 2 a day from JFK-FRA and 2 a day from ORD-FRA and UAL has 2 a day ORD-FRA, so a far cry from 11 pairings at JFK not including EWR... Thats why FAMikey.. Very very simple.

So UAL and LH operate 2 flights a day ORD FRA. Is that because it is what the market will bear? The market from JFK to LHR will bear 14 flights. So what is the problem, anyone can fly from JFK to LHR. Even UAL did at one time.

Interesting to note LH and KLM both control a larger percentage of flights at FRA and AMS than AA and BA at LHR.

So UAL and LH operate 2 flights a day ORD FRA. Is that because it is what the market will bear? The market from JFK to LHR will bear 14 flights. So what is the problem, anyone can fly from JFK to LHR. Even UAL did at one time.

Interesting to note LH and KLM both control a larger percentage of flights at FRA and AMS than AA and BA at LHR.

Maybe so, still dont think it will happen, but i could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Brussels also has concerns about services between London and Dallas, Boston, Miami and Chicago, as well as the Madrid-Miami and Madrid-Chicago routes.
As though any of these routes lack competition or would have anyone interested is starting new service and couldnt.

Lots of pure speculation here on what the JBA will bring in terms of increased or reduce flying. I'm a fact guy and prefer to stick to those, and in that vein the similar JBAs in Star and Skyteam have made it very clear that shared routes are not abandoned by US-based airlines. The opposite, really. As FWAAA correctly pointed out, it is a revenue share. The more they fly, the more revenue is generated. End of story.

Lots of pure speculation here on what the JBA will bring in terms of increased or reduce flying. I'm a fact guy and prefer to stick to those, and in that vein the similar JBAs in Star and Skyteam have made it very clear that shared routes are not abandoned by US-based airlines. The opposite, really. As FWAAA correctly pointed out, it is a revenue share. The more they fly, the more revenue is generated. End of story.

Well that may sound simple but if I'm reading you correctly, its revenue share, the more you fly the greater the share of revenue, if you dont fly you get a lesser share but you also have less expense. So, it may be more profitable to just sell the tickets and let the other guy do the flying, pay for the fuel, the aircraft, the landing fees, labor costs, etc. Isnt that sort of like what Karabu used to do for TWA? They sold tickets at a huge profit and let TWA carry all the expenses. AA could get rid of more employees and let their partners do the flying, sure they would get a smaller share of the revenue but they also have less expenses related to generating that revenue.

Well that may sound simple but if I'm reading you correctly, its revenue share, the more you fly the greater the share of revenue, if you dont fly you get a lesser share but you also have less expense. So, it may be more profitable to just sell the tickets and let the other guy do the flying, pay for the fuel, the aircraft, the landing fees, labor costs, etc. Isnt that sort of like what Karabu used to do for TWA? They sold tickets at a huge profit and let TWA carry all the expenses. AA could get rid of more employees and let their partners do the flying, sure they would get a smaller share of the revenue but they also have less expenses related to generating that revenue.

Exactly, the APFA should be sticking next to the pilots.. Unfortunately, they are looking through rose colored glasses.. BIG MISTAKE, HUGE!!

AA could get rid of more employees and let their partners do the flying, sure they would get a smaller share of the revenue but they also have less expenses related to generating that revenue.
Yet with the deals that have gone on so far have not resulted in job loss or loss of flights.

Back