AMR talks about training fill-in flight attendants

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is this, treat others as you wish to be treated. I assure you, aa could possibly have a major crisis on their hands. Oneworld is weak and getting weaker and all contracts are under negotiations. If there is a merger, I doubt aa will be involved, their fleet is among the oldest and employees on the higher end of pay. If jal leaves, ur Asian presence will be next to nothing and revenue will fall, there is a reason aa is putting up a fight for jal, I will be surprised if they win however. Don't be surprised if someone like usair lets say, wants to staple a 40 year native, lets hear you squeal then, that wont happen though, because afa doesn't believe in stapling. I would sure hate to have 30 + years of service and due to poor management, my company fall apart and then be forced to merge and be stapled, how ruthless. .. you should all be ashamed of yourselves!

The answer is this, treat others as you wish to be treated. I assure you, aa could possibly have a major crisis on their hands. Oneworld is weak and getting weaker and all contracts are under negotiations. If there is a merger, I doubt aa will be involved, their fleet is among the oldest and employees on the higher end of pay. If jal leaves, ur Asian presence will be next to nothing and revenue will fall, there is a reason aa is putting up a fight for jal, I will be surprised if they win however. Don't be surprised if someone like usair lets say, wants to staple a 40 year native, lets hear you squeal then, that wont happen though, because afa doesn't believe in stapling. I would sure hate to have 30 + years of service and due to poor management, my company fall apart and then be forced to merge and be stapled, how ruthless. .. you should all be ashamed of yourselves!
Ok goodgirl... You'd singing a different tune if all of the suddan 4000 plus F/As were going to go ahead of you especailly from an airline that was on it's last hair....

I say let them scab. There's already a resolution for a constitutional change being talked about that would let any active and inactive FA who crosses a picketline be placed at the bottom of the seniority list and to pay back all income generated by them during a strike for scabbing.

what do they have to lose? dignity and pride, that's all. You see this is NOT about Unionism but rather PETTY REVENGE on their part. No matter how much you bombard them with facts, you can talk until your face turns blue and they will STILL not see the truth. they refuse to see the truth, they can't handle the truth so they continue living in their own fantasy world where they insist they are right and that AA, although was the acquirer of their defunct and bankrupted airline, should be ran like TWA was. No change for them but AA SHOULD change for them.
True unionism? Hell no, more like BIG INFLATED EGOS writing checks their tired old bodies can't cash.

I always wondered if they would be this adamant about being the protectors of the "junior FAs" if they were given DOH. I'm willing to bet they would have just been the same ole apathetic selfish hags they've always been and would likely screw over anyone junior to them, after all in their heads, they DESERVE to be treated like royalty for their years of service .

and speaking of the devil...this Nancy Mcguire sure talks as if she's got the best intentions for her peers. I too would be talking like her IF I was retired and would not personally suffer the consequences of scabbing.

So yes, let them scab.

Ah, but you see you speak before you educate yourself.

Many, many OZ flight attendants WERE senior to me. I flew with them after my recall and not once did I, or any other person I flew with even suggest that they didn't deserve their seniority.

You speak from a position that has "taught" you that certain things are so...from the jumpseat to the galley. If you, and most of the remainder of the AA workforce, would have been willing to open your closed minds just a bit you might have found out that much of what you spout on here is untrue. Based on galley gossip, not fact.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to find out the real truth, rather than falling back on what you "know".

From another forum:

Well first of all AA Management AND the TWA "Coalition of Backstabbing part-time Unionists" are both pretending and preparing like this is going to be a "GENERAL" strike.

IT'S NOT !!!
This is going to be a CHAOS type of work action if it comes to that. At first I was reluctant about this strategy - but realizng that the Federal Government probably won't allow a General Strike to last more than 24 hours because of the tenuous state of the National Economy - a random, "hit and run" type of strike is the way to go.

No notice -
They won't know which flights on which days or anything. It will be a total guessing game....and how Management and the TWA "Coalition for Morons" is going to be in the right city on the right day at the right time - it ain't gonna happen !!!

Our actions need to be random and rolling. No more than 2 hours notice - and a particular flight segment or city pair should not be "out" more than 6 hours at a time.

Our actions must be spur of the moment - and we MUST maintain the element of surprise as to which flights will be affected on any given day.

Chaos and Havoc will rule the day !!!
Xxxxx Xxxxxxx be damned.
But I DO believe that we need to conduct any work actions while Democrats are in CONTROL.
Not that they will give us everything we want - but Republicans would (and will be) outright hostile to any labor action. They hate Unions anyway - let alone when we go on strike!!!

More like you will rue the day than chaos and havoc will rule the day.

What will happen when AA starts terminating flight attendants for insubordination and misuse of sick leave?

Are you confident that the present APFA leaders can successfully bargain the restoration of the fired flight attendants?

How lucky do you feel?

Remember, even in good times, there are hundreds of applicants for each flight attendant position.

From another forum:

More like you will rue the day than chaos and havoc will rule the day.

What will happen when AA starts terminating flight attendants for insubordination and misuse of sick leave?

Are you confident that the present APFA leaders can successfully bargain the restoration of the fired flight attendants?

How lucky do you feel?

Remember, even in good times, there are hundreds of applicants for each flight attendant position.

Geez and Laura called us (TWA) terrorists.

Ah, but you see you speak before you educate yourself.

Many, many OZ flight attendants WERE senior to me. I flew with them after my recall and not once did I, or any other person I flew with even suggest that they didn't deserve their seniority.

You speak from a position that has "taught" you that certain things are so...from the jumpseat to the galley. If you, and most of the remainder of the AA workforce, would have been willing to open your closed minds just a bit you might have found out that much of what you spout on here is untrue. Based on galley gossip, not fact.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to find out the real truth, rather than falling back on what you "know".
Interesting how you ignore Bob's informed reply to your bitter ranting... :ph34r:

Interesting how you ignore Bob's informed reply to your bitter ranting... :ph34r:
ROFLOL...yea like most of your folks, Bobs really informed....He thinks the Kasher ruling involved the TWA flight attendants, we were IAM during the 86 strike and that we bought Eastern Airlines...LOL ...yep really informed.

I say let them scab. There's already a resolution for a constitutional change being talked about that would let any active and inactive FA who crosses a picketline be placed at the bottom of the seniority list and to pay back all income generated by them during a strike for scabbing.

what do they have to lose? dignity and pride, that's all. You see this is NOT about Unionism but rather PETTY REVENGE on their part. No matter how much you bombard them with facts, you can talk until your face turns blue and they will STILL not see the truth. they refuse to see the truth, they can't handle the truth so they continue living in their own fantasy world where they insist they are right and that AA, although was the acquirer of their defunct and bankrupted airline, should be ran like TWA was. No change for them but AA SHOULD change for them.
True unionism? Hell no, more like BIG INFLATED EGOS writing checks their tired old bodies can't cash.

I always wondered if they would be this adamant about being the protectors of the "junior FAs" if they were given DOH. I'm willing to bet they would have just been the same ole apathetic selfish hags they've always been and would likely screw over anyone junior to them, after all in their heads, they DESERVE to be treated like royalty for their years of service .

and speaking of the devil...this Nancy Mcguire sure talks as if she's got the best intentions for her peers. I too would be talking like her IF I was retired and would not personally suffer the consequences of scabbing.

So yes, let them scab.
"Tired old bodies, apathetic selfish hags, devils? You seem to want to get your point across,,, your "truth" LOL...but you sure loose all credibility when you resort to the ranting and namecalling.

So yes, let them scab.

To poster Coldplay.....

you poor, poor thing....you must be terribly frightened and threatened.

Anyone got a Prozac?

Ok goodgirl... You'd singing a different tune if all of the suddan 4000 plus F/As were going to go ahead of you especailly from an airline that was on it's last hair....

Well you are forgetting, I come from a continental family (which was on it's last leg twice ), and I have worked for usair and united, so, no, I would never deny someone their years of service unlike yourself. You haven't been in the position the rest of us have, and I hope you never are, but if aa gets in a rough spot, I guarantee you will be singing a tune other than the staple one. Your problem is, you have always thought that it can't happen to you. The landscape is changing and your airline is not as near attractive as it once was. Soon, it could be number 3 and a far inferior alliance with uncompetitive cost structure, and God forbid if jal and Cathay leave. The tides could turn very fast, and I wouldn't suggest showing one sliver of mercy for your arrogance.

Well you are forgetting, I come from a continental family (which was on it's last leg twice ), and I have worked for usair and united, so, no, I would never deny someone their years of service unlike yourself. You haven't been in the position the rest of us have, and I hope you never are, but if aa gets in a rough spot, I guarantee you will be singing a tune other than the staple one. Your problem is, you have always thought that it can't happen to you. The landscape is changing and your airline is not as near attractive as it once was. Soon, it could be number 3 and a far inferior alliance with uncompetitive cost structure, and God forbid if jal and Cathay leave. The tides could turn very fast, and I wouldn't suggest showing one sliver of mercy for your arrogance.
Goodgirl, you're wasting your breath. Ask any other airline employee in the industry, and they will tell you what happened to TWA was wrong. They're not going to get that in this foum if they haven't gotten it already, so just try to relax.

And yes, I have been through mergers (2 to be exact) where many, many, flight attendants were put in front of me via DOH, and I would demand the same treatment for me, and for others, in a second.

We are hearing that if AA loses JAL then AA is planning on buying UAL pacific routes and NOT takinbg any of the emplyees... Is that what you guys are hearing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back