American Eagle

you people just don't get it....... it takes 30 seconds to re-open a flight. SO, my "friend" at AE in another station looked into the history, load etc. 15 seats open !!! I rest my case. I long for the days 29 years ago when ANY airline person was accomodated. AE still sucks, at least that agent. Oh, and by the way the FAA will ALWAYS seek out the captain first. Read the FAA rules governing airline flights. So, your advocating pulling ACARS times which is a huge violation of FAA rules. I hope you get caught someday. So back at ya Petee.

Did your friend also look at the loadsheet? What was the spread between the structural limits & combined pax, fuel, and bags? 15 seats is about the same as 45-60 winter bags. Not at all unthinkable to have that many reroutes with the disruptions.

I used to answer investigation letters for AA, and no, the FAA does not always seek out the Captain first. If it is a load discrepancy, they go after the ops agents and the load agent. If it is a carry-on bag issue, they go after the agents.

I know it probably comes as an utter shock to find out that pilots are not the only people held responsible for safety at an airline...

It's probably not worth trying to provide facts to a USAir pilot.

I just wish my Eagle flights were boarded and buttoned up 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure. Seems like at least with half of them, the departure time has come and gone and we still haven't begun to board.

Did your friend also look at the loadsheet? What was the spread between the structural limits & combined pax, fuel, and bags? 15 seats is about the same as 45-60 winter bags. Not at all unthinkable to have that many reroutes with the disruptions.

I used to answer investigation letters for AA, and no, the FAA does not always seek out the Captain first. If it is a load discrepancy, they go after the ops agents and the load agent. If it is a carry-on bag issue, they go after the agents.

I know it probably comes as an utter shock to find out that pilots are not the only people held responsible for safety at an airline...

It's probably not worth trying to provide facts to a USAir pilot.

Your assuming WAY to much.

http://247wallst.com/2011/01/04/the-fifteen-most-hated-american-companies-of-2010/
Is that link supposed to disprove the fact that you are a US Airways employee?

If you hate AA and Eagle so badly, just stay away. No one forces you to commute off line.

The flight was closed. You were late. End of discussion.

Back