AA 747SP?

I flew from Jfk to Lhr in Business Class just in front of the L2 door, there was a miny cabin there with 2 rows. My seat reclined very far with a foot rest, was a great trip. Quick as hell on take-off too, since Lhr was a relatively short flight for an SP they were not heavy on take-off as one going to Japan. I will remember fondly those flights, I had the same crew both was too. I hope to fly soon on a 777 to Lhr, sonce I now live in Florida it will be Mia-LHR.

IIRC, there were more J seats than coach seats - something like 99 in Business Class, a dozen or so in First, and a few dozen in coach.
To the best of my knowledge, TWA's configuration had either 19 or 21 in A zone (fwd of #1 doors), 18 business class upstairs, 17 business in the little B zone between #1 and #2 doors, and 224 in EC.

My electronic logbook shows 29 flight segments on the three aircraft between 10/20/80 and 3/1/86, including my one and only decompression going into AMS in Nov of 85. We loved the SP. As Service Manager (Purser to you guys) my favorite feature was the video system. This was the first aircraft we had that had a video projection system as opposed to the old 16mm reel used in the other aircraft. I often spent half my flights fixing projectors, splicing film with masking tape, changing exciter lamps, etc. The video system, in comparison, was virtually trouble free, only occasionally requiring head cleaning, which I accomplished using a FC linen wrapped around a coat hanger with the tip soaked with vodka.

MK

Back