The End of Satellite Crew Bases ?

johnny kat

Senior
Oct 11, 2011
I was checking out the DFW version of Crew News on Wings and DP gave his opinion of the future of the satellite bases.  How many of these bases does AA have and how many crew members are affected?  Just curious.

In theory, satellites are supposed to be cost-neutral for the company and a QOL enhancer for crews. Win/win. DP feels otherwise?

DP will make you pay for it. Nothing is cost neutral. And he does not care about your QOL.
Better move into base now that your seniority won't get you to work.
BOHICA!

PullUp said:
DP will make you pay for it. Nothing is cost neutral. And he does not care about your QOL.
Better move into base now that your seniority won't get you to work.
BOHICA!
How much more WHINING!!!!! about fcfs are we going to have to endure. Here at American we get to work we go on vacation IMAGINE THAT. You say lookout for DP, what we need to look out for is the us workforce and the cry I GOT MINE.

This topic was not intended to launch a discussion about FCFS vs DOH. Seriously, I would like to keep the satellite bases around as it is another option. I am not in favor of less options and I think everyone else would agree. Why be in a hurry to do away with something that enhances work schedules?

The satellite bases pay for themselves by enabling the company to avoid hotel and limo bills in the specified cities. There aren't many of them.

johnny kat said:
I was checking out the DFW version of Crew News on Wings and DP gave his opinion of the future of the satellite bases.  How many of these bases does AA have and how many crew members are affected?  Just curious.

Did you not listen to the whole video? He clearly apologizes later when he realizes that AA has satellite bases and says that won't change. He had no idea we had them when he was answering the questions. So, in reality, it is a non issue. To answer the rest of your question, they are in SAN, MSP and ATL. I think that is all of them. The size of them fluctuate according to the amount of lines made for each one month to month. No one is based there only. LAX people can bid SAN. ORD people can bid MSP and MIA people can bid ATL. If they don't have many lines or stuff they don't like, they just bid stuff from their real base. Very easy.

IORFA said:
Did you not listen to the whole video? He clearly apologizes later when he realizes that AA has satellite bases and says that won't change. He had no idea we had them when he was answering the questions. So, in reality, it is a non issue. To answer the rest of your question, they are in SAN, MSP and ATL. I think that is all of them. The size of them fluctuate according to the amount of lines made for each one month to month. No one is based there only. LAX people can bid SAN. ORD people can bid MSP and MIA people can bid ATL. If they don't have many lines or stuff they don't like, they just bid stuff from their real base. Very easy.
What about the future of the smaller bases (BOS, SFO, STL).

I assume DCA is safe given US' operations there

Josh

Yes, I listened to the whole video. Did you not hear the parts where DP clarified "NO SATELLITE" as they are "FAR MORE EXPENSIVE" and "IT IS A NO", "DOESN'T END UP WORKING"...hubs with originating are better..."SORRY IT IS A NO"...Tim and Hector...will look at further....needs to be fully looked at...has to be sound business decision.

To conclude DP feigns surprise that AA even has satellite bases and concludes "not changing anything in place RIGHT NOW"

Man, you are dense...ask any US employee what DP and the gang said early on in the US/HP merger about the PIT, BOS, LGA base closures and I believe you will find a lot of similarities. This just proves your world is about to get rocked....FORE WARNED IS FORE ARMED FOR WHAT IS IN STORE.

And yet AA employees and unions were courting these clowns to merge with the dumpiest airline of them all.

Josh

Maybe you should stop rolling over! If you stopped playing dead, you might have had a decent contract. You only got what you got because of what we already had. Our bankruptcy contract is still better than what you guys got after 7-8 years of nothing. That my friend is dense and shameful!

IORFA said:

Your convoluted flacking for DP is admirable. What else is he feigning--- or not feigning--- that he knows or doesn't know?  

Parker is not feigning anything.  The east pilots hate him because they could not bend him to their will, just as they hate we west pilots.  He is an excellent CEO who does what is in the best interest of the shareholders and the company overall (which is in the best interests of employees overall).  Those that hate him are the ones with the entitlement mentality that believe their employer exists to serve their interests and not the other way around.

If you are hearing/reading whining and negativity you can be sure it comes from an east pilot.  Do yourselves a favor and disregard them.  They are toxic.

Back