Solidarity Fleet Service

Solidarity

Advanced
Aug 26, 2005
Today our Brothers and Sisters in the Fleet Service Group are affected by more cuts.

Bos 16 full time 5 part time
Pit 10 full time 4 part time
Las 24 full time 4 part time
Ewr 6 full time 1 part time
Mco 6 full time
Pbi 5 full time
Sfo 3 full time 5 part time
Tpa 7 full time 2 part time

Solidarity is the answer.

Weird choices. Several of those cities were available to displace to for the last furlough.

I don't think it has anything to do with AA, especially since SFO is probably the only one with a large AA presence. In at least PIT and LAS they are stopping outsourced service. The catering that US did for Republic is going away in PIT, and in LAS Cargo is getting rid of all their contracts. I don't know about the other cities, but it might indicate a small change in business.

Jester, yeah, that's exactly the one I was talking about. I'm pretty sure BOS, EWR, and TPA, were on there. MCO might have been as well.

I don't think it has anything to do with AA, especially since SFO is probably the only one with a large AA presence. In at least PIT and LAS they are stopping outsourced service. The catering that US did for Republic is going away in PIT, and in LAS Cargo is getting rid of all their contracts. I don't know about the other cities, but it might indicate a small change in business.

Jester, yeah, that's exactly the one I was talking about. I'm pretty sure BOS, EWR, and TPA, were on there. MCO might have been as well.
Agreed. Doesn't have anything to do with AA. In ORD, where AA is big, US is hiring and adding.

regards,

Back