Republican Party starts the new year off with a BANG x 2

I guess the Democrats and their supporters would love to forget the fact that the late Sen. Robert Byrd was a KKK member...But it was ok because he said he was sorry.

So did Governor and Presidential candidate George C. Wallace. Interestingly enough the very last time he ran for public office he got 88% of the minority vote.

As for Scalise's actions, if you want to confront a group with new ideas and concepts don't you first have to speak to that group? Kind of like Rand Paul did with his speech at Howard University.

Free speech and the 1st amendment aren't there so we can discuss the weather. They exist so we can discuss and debate controversial issues, ideas and concepts free from government involvement.

Was that the intent?  Or was it a political stump speech?  Is there a shred of evidence that he went there and spoke about their views and attempted to sway them? 

The 1st is there to allow free speech, even speech that we find abhorrent.  This issue has nothing to do with the 1st as no one is saying that he was not allowed to speak or that anyone's speech was in any way infringed upon.  This has to do with a politician going to a hate group and giving a stump speech.  Whether or not he know who they were is certainly up for debate.  From the sounds of it, he did not have a clue but I guess time will tell on that.

Hey, if I'm running for office I want to speak to anyone and everyone who will listen. The KKK votes and so does the Black Panther Party along with a whole lot of others.

The only color I'm interested in is the color of the leather for my Congressional office chair.

SparrowHawk said:
Hey, if I'm running for office I want to speak to anyone and everyone who will listen. The KKK votes and so does the Black Panther Party along with a whole lot of others.

The only color I'm interested in is the color of the leather for my Congressional office chair.
So you will just be like any of ther other politicians.  Corrupt and without morals.  Here I thought you were looking to reform politics by supporting someone like Paul.  Would he agree to your pandering to hate groups to get their vote? 

Were I to run for public office I would rather loose than pander to the likes of the KKK.  I'll get what ever chair Costco has on sale.

Dog Wonder said:
Pay attention! This thread is about Southern White Supremacists Democrats. Get back in the corner and put that dunce cap back on or you won't get a trophy.

There, I fixed it for you Buddy.

Ms Tree said:
So you will just be like any of ther other politicians.  Corrupt and without morals.  Here I thought you were looking to reform politics by supporting someone like Paul.  Would he agree to your pandering to hate groups to get their vote? 

Were I to run for public office I would rather loose than pander to the likes of the KKK.  I'll get what ever chair Costco has on sale.

Gotta love a Crusader.

I think what Sparrow meant to say is that everybody's money is the same color. It's nice to know that you would rather LOSE than cater to the KKK. By your own analogy you still will pander to the Black Panther hate group.

Good to know!

signals said:
I think what Sparrow meant to say is that everybody's money is the same color. It's nice to know that you would rather LOSE than cater to the KKK. By your own analogy you still will pander to the Black Panther hate group.

Good to know!
Not quite what I meant. In order to change things you have to first get elected. As long as you stay true to your views and change them by audience, what issue is it if you can get the KKK and the Black Panther party members to vote for you. Running a campaign on principles and values takes hard work and if you can even so much as soften the radical groups mentioned and allow them in your coalition of people who believe as you, how can that be a bad thing?

HEY,......................how come nobodys talking about the GRIMM ((R) Staten Island NY) ......fairly tales   ???????????

" F " .......the G O P !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
HEY,......................how come nobodys talking about the GRIMM ((R) Staten Island NY) ......fairly tales   ???????????

" F " .......the G O P !
White Supremacists ate more entertaining than tax evaders.

Back