Non Rev

caligurl

Oct 3, 2005
just curious...what is the employee non rev policy there? how many buddy passes do you get?

You pay a service charge + taxes for all flights except UAX.

24 companion segments per year. They are pretty pricy and are not much cheaper than a web fare that anyone can buy.

The Gopher said:
You pay a service charge + taxes for all flights except UAX.

24 companion segments per year. They are pretty pricy and are not much cheaper than a web fare that anyone can buy.
[post="308825"][/post]​

Depends on the route. We recently gave two segments (one round trip) to a friend, and it was about half what she found after a thorough online search (albeit on somewhat short notice).

But on some routes, you're correct, in fact sometimes the companion passes can cost more than a discounted web fare available to the public.

-synchronicity

Yes, companion fares can be pricey-however they are usually better than fares with less than the 14 day advance purchase and you have the opportunity to stand-by for business and first class.

caligurl said:
but employees and parents fly free?
[post="309329"][/post]​
No, at least, not usually. There is a fee, albeit a pretty small one. Varies but seems to be based on distance of the flight. Also cost you a little more if you fly in first or business than in coach.

Unless you're flying with a large family or going a LONG distance (we flew ord-sfo-syd two years ago, business on the sfo-syd leg), the fee isn't much at all.

-synchronicity

I don't agree. I find the fee to be rather pricey compared to other carriers. From Florida to DC is about $20 a leg. That really adds up when you see other airlines charging $50 for the entire year. That's why I fly JetBlue. United charges me, JetBlue doesn't. That's sad. :down:

Fly said:
I don't agree. I find the fee to be rather pricey compared to other carriers. From Florida to DC is about $20 a leg. That really adds up when you see other airlines charging $50 for the entire year. That's why I fly JetBlue. United charges me, JetBlue doesn't. That's sad. :down:
[post="309380"][/post]​

Yes, a UAL FA would rather fly JetBlue for free than to spring $20 a leg.

That is sad :down:

B) UT

Fly said:
[post="309380"][/post]​
OK. From ORD to the West Coast runs just under $20 a leg, and ORD to the East Coast is maybe 12-ish (no, I'm not gonna look it up right now). Dunno why IAD to Florida would be so pricey, but what the hey.

Actually, I just looked it up, and although it's a little more than I expected, from IAD to points in Florida is under $15/leg, not "about $20".

SFO-SYD in business was about 110 one way back in '03. Now that's where you start noticing. Of course, that was a 14.5 hour flight in business class!

-synchronicity

I went and pulled up a check stub, and sure enough, it's $14.30 each way. (Fll/IAD) So, that's $28.60 each time to work. 6 trips a month. It certainly adds up.

I'd much rather have the $50 per year.

Fly said:
I went and pulled up a check stub, and sure enough, it's $14.30 each way. (Fll/IAD) So, that's $28.60 each time to work. 6 trips a month. It certainly adds up.

I'd much rather have the $50 per year.
[post="309951"][/post]​
Ah, that's right, you need to do that to get to work! That's a different issue.

For us, it's purely for fun, and the most we could reasonably do would be 4-5 trips a month, if we went somewhere every weekend, which ain't gonna happen.

I agree that I'd rather have $50/year, although sadly we didn't fly anywhere in 2004.

-synchronicity

Back