Newark Liberty International Airport

flyguy121

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
I posted this on the Continental Board, but since there is nothing but tumbleweeds blowing by on that board, someone suggested I try posting here, so Moderators, I ask that you please not move this (in case it helps my cause, I am a furloughed US f/a)...

I am excited to finally have scheduled my flight attendant interview with Continental...but I am looking for a little information about EWR since I am very unfamiliar.

I will be driving up from the NJ Turnpike headed North, what is my best bet for Parking and what should I use for transport to the Terminal?

If anyone has any information they can share about: parking, the airport layout, or the flight attendant interview process...any and all information would be much appreciated.

I posted this on the Continental Board, but since there is nothing but tumbleweeds blowing by on that board, someone suggested I try posting here, so Moderators, I ask that you please not move this (in case it helps my cause, I am a furloughed US f/a)...

I am excited to finally have scheduled my flight attendant interview with Continental...but I am looking for a little information about EWR since I am very unfamiliar.

I will be driving up from the NJ Turnpike headed North, what is my best bet for Parking and what should I use for transport to the Terminal?

If anyone has any information they can share about: parking, the airport layout, or the flight attendant interview process...any and all information would be much appreciated.

The signs are great on the turnpike. You would have to be blind or talking on your cell phone to miss the two exits for Newark Airport. Either exit 13 or 14 will get you there.

If the interview is in the terminal, park in the daily lot near Continental. Follow the signs. They are really good signs if you read them. From the daily lot you can walk to the terminal.

A Google search of "Newark Airport" has all the information you could possibly want about that airport, except what to wear to the interview.

I had a very close friend fired by Piedmont (pre-merger) in the 1980s from his flight attendant position. He was devastated because he was set up by a tight-knit group of southern "b**ches" and wrongfully terminated while on probation. After a few years, he got hired at CO. Now he realizes that getting fired from Piedmont was the biggest break of his life. He's an inflight manager flying strictly international making more money than those southern b**ches who now have to commute to PHL and work until they're 92.

I hope you get that job at CO and never look back at this disaster of an airline. Good luck.

Definitely not the right forum for that. But I guess it's nice for F/A's at US to know that CO is hiring....

I would think whomever setup the interview at CO would have given you directions. I doubt many people here know specifically where, at EWR, CO conducts interviews. It may not even be in the actual airport, but perhaps an ancillary facility on/near the field.

Good luck (finding/parking and interviewing).

I have been gone from there for a long time, so I can't say for sure what the parking is like today. If you only plan to be there for a short time, I would use the short term parking, which was located directly in front of the terminals when I was there. CO may do their interviews elsewhere such as their Hangar area etc.....
They operate of of Terminal C.
Hope this helps.. B)

Thanks for the feedback so far...

I was given a very small bit of information from CO, from what I have been told the lots closest to the terminal (P1, P3 and P4) are close to the terminal and can cost quite a bit (up to $36) for an entire day, whereas the Economy Lot further away from the terminal (P6) can be available for around $15, is anyone familiar with this? I assume there is a shuttle of some sort from the economy lot to the terminal? I just get a little rattled when approaching the NY metro area and don't want to mess up my morning interview during the AM rush hour. The interview is in the actual terminal and I do have to wait in line for a gate pass at the domestic check in (specifically positions #73 and #74) and then clear security and head to gate 121. That's all I know so far...

Call me crazy but I would look into getting a local hotel room the night before. Sure it will cost a few bucks, but you don't have to pay for parking, you get a good night's sleep before the interview, a wake up call, and they will shuttle you to the airport.

Good luck.

Call me crazy but I would look into getting a local hotel room the night before. Sure it will cost a few bucks, but you don't have to pay for parking, you get a good night's sleep before the interview, a wake up call, and they will shuttle you to the airport.

Good luck.

Not crazy, that's actually a good idea.

Good luck on the interview. Let us know how it goes. I'll be curious to know.

Short term, leave really early and relax before your interview. The tpk can have many challenges anytime of the day. From exit 4 to exit 8A there are only 3 lanes. Watch the cops near between exit 7A and 9 New Brunswick. Smooth sailing from exit 9.

flyguy121,
Check out the Ports website for parking information at www.panynj.gov for all the information you need. Short Term parking in front of the Terminal would be your best bet, max $30.00 per day. The next option would be the Daily Lot at P4 which is a max of $24.00 per day. Lot P4 is only a three minute AirTrain ride to Terminal C. I would AVIOD lots P1/P3 as it can be up to a 20 minute Airtrain Ride to the terminal. Long Term P6 is on the other side of the field and will take you 15-20 minutes to the terminal via bus. If you have ANY questions about EWR please PM me. If I do not know the answer I can try to find out (have worked there since the very early 80's).

Not sure where you are coming from, but you can park at Hamilton, NJ (Just North of Trenton on I-295 exit 65) for $5 and take the train to EWR airport for about $8 each way. That trip is about 40 minutes, plus the air-tram time to the terminal. If you're in peak morning hours, that additional time should be minimal.

You could also park further North at New Brunswick, which is exit 9 on the NJ TP (you'll need directions from there to the train station, though). I think that train ride would be about 20-25 minutes to EWR rail station.

If you opt for the train, just make sure it's one that stops at EWR train station(check online schedules at NJtransit.com). They don't all stop there and you would wind up at Newark Penn station and have to double back.

Taking the train is always a good option, but ensure you allow extra time into the Newark Airport Train Station. If you should miss the Airtrain from the Station,(they run approx every five minutes peak time and 15 minutes off peak) because it can take you 25 minutes or so to get to Terminal C. Both the Norteast Corrider and Jersey Coast lines stop at Newark Airport.

Good luck.

I absolutely agree with Dal. Spend a hundred bucks on a hotel and you won't have to worry about parking fees and transportation. When interviewing with an airline, always err on the side of extreme caution. You won't have to worry about traffic or train problems, making wrong turns and losing travel time, or any other irregular situation. When I had my second interview in PIT years ago, I flew up the day before and stayed at the Holiday Inn. It gave me time, wihtout distractions, to make sure all my paperwork was in order, relax and review sample questions, have a nice meal, and get plenty of rest. I ordered a wake-up call and set the alarm as a back-up. The result of traveling the day before was that I wasn't frazzled during the interview. Any delay or any traffic is going to put you in a mindset that isn't conducive to interviewing well. I know sometimes it's hard to come up with a little extra cash, but it's well-spent money not living on the edge before your important interview.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll do great. CO is a wonderful company to work for.

DCAflyer

And to think 15 years ago the morale was equal to or even lower than it is now at US.

Yep, it's funny how things work out. Hopefully in 15 years we'll be the company everyone wants to work for (or, in our case, where fuloughees want to get recalled to, LOL).

Cheers,
DCAf

Latest posts

Back