New Us Airways Making Sure Disparate Cultures

Well, dell, the story is a little misleading.....

AWA stock disappeared with the merger, so the original warrents that were given to the ATSB were slated to be worthless. However, they needed to approve the merger. Part of the cost of obtaining that approval was the issuance of new warrants exchangable for LCC stock to replace the AWA warrants.

Who's buying the warrants? The combined company, not the old US. Where'd the money come from? The investments made by outside investors.

So really, who's buying who? The same as it has been since this deal was put together - outside investors are buying both companys.

Jim

So who is the man and who is the woman in this marriage?

you guys are scaring me about PHL... I am not bidding any more tips there...

so really,who's buying who?
First let me say...it is the NEW US Airways Group, Inc. that is doing the buying.....both the old AWA and the old US Airways are history. OK. And the old US Airways nor had a pot to spit in nor a window to throw it out of. If this so called merger had not happened...the old US Airways would be GONE ... in other words they would have been sent to the block by now. That is why 6 of the top executives are old AWA people.......and only 1 is from the old US Airways. And if you believe what the WSJ and the NYT said this was not a merger at all but a take over by the old AWA. The old AWA headquarters is nearly 80% owned by GE and the old AWA (new) training center is 100% owned by GE........ Lets face the facts.....AWA and it's money people took what they wanted and that was the old US Airways. Now there is a new airline and it is called "US Airway Group, Inc. AKA LCC." Sorry to pop some bubbles but that is the truth. :cool:

Right on "Boeing boy". The US Airways stock became worth nothing, the Americ West stock was re-issued at the a percentage..forget what that was..sorry. But you're right on with how the transaction occured. It's all legal maneuvering..what important is that old US Airways employees..current, are still employed..America West people are still employed and we need to make it work.

Back