New Mid Atlantic Flying In Sept

Yes, the Florida Shuttle at PI flew F-28s into EYW and it was only from MIA, IIRC. Crews used to actually overnight in EYW. Ahh, those were the days. :)

...actually, the runway is an issue as there is a tree at the end that you must clear...from what I've heard...

RumorS said:
BYE BYE RICHMOND! NO MORE MAINLINE??????????

RIC is gaining Mainline flights:

RIC CLT -
Aug4 4-319, 3-CRJ
Sep20 5-319, 1-320, 1-CRJ
Oct 20 5-319, 1-321, 1CRJ

RIC PHL -
Aug4 2-319, 1-erj, 1-CRJ, 1-DH8
Sep20 1-320, 2-319, 2-E70, 1-CRJ, 1-ERJ
Oct 20 Same as Sept.

I would say RIC is GAINING 3 mainline flights!!!! :up:

StewGuy86 said:
Yes, the Florida Shuttle at PI flew F-28s into EYW and it was only from MIA, IIRC. Crews used to actually overnight in EYW. Ahh, those were the days. :)
I worked the FL Shuttle, we also flew TPA-EYW in an F28.

The ERJ-170 does in fact have the performance to go into and out of EYW with no load restriction on all but the hottest days..... Hiltonhead has been mentioned and wouldn't be any problem either.

Sounds crazy, but the airplane has such long legs (2200+) that even with full people and bags, it is well below the MTOW.

SoldWholeSale said:
The ERJ-170 does in fact have the performance to go into and out of EYW with no load restriction on all but the hottest days..... Hiltonhead has been mentioned and wouldn't be any problem either.
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe jets are allowed into HHH. It's a NIMBY thing, not necessarily a performance thing.

Well, I do not have an RA plan sitting in front of me, but the !70 Division OCC Dispatcher I spoke with said the numbers look good for takeoff as well. The plane is somewhat overpowered, and is able to achieve excellent runway performance, far superior to the Bombardier products.

Tell ya what, as soon as I can get an actual calc, I will PM it to you to look at.

EMB 170 will never go into HHH. It can get hairy in there with a Dash 8!! Key West was cake in the Dash. Big restriction taking off South (i think) in HHH, because of tree's. You might be able to land there, but it would be a slammer, and having every pax face planted in the seat in front of them. Then you would never get it out of there.

Twinotter said:
Didn't Eastern Airlines fly a 727 intp Eyw in the 80,s / Either from Atl or mia...
Yes!!! to accomidate the short runway, those 72's has nose-wheel braking!

BTW, the only time the air-carrier ramp is stacked is during the early am push.

SoldWholeSale said:

Sounds crazy, but the airplane has such long legs (2200+) that even with full people and bags, it is well below the MTOW.
I would be suprized if the 170 could get in or out of HHH without having to leave 1/3 of the people at the gate. The Emb website lists the runway requirements for a 500 nm mission as 3796', at mgtw as 5217, and landing at mglw as 4177'.
HHH is a nice narrow 4300' runway for T/O and 4000" landing. Does it make sense to send the aircraft on a mission that causes it to not be sold to capacity?

" Yes!!! to accomidate the short runway, those 72's has nose-wheel braking!"

As originally built and certificated, the 727 had nose-wheel brakes standard. IIRC, they were not activated until a significant amount of main wheel brakes were applied. By the late 70's/early 80's most had been removed to reduce weight/maintenance since they weren't needed.

FWIW, a 727-200 at max landing weight could be stopped in about 3000 ft but it made for a dramatic ride.

Jim

Remember runway lengths are only one of many factors. Our dumb management team at US Airways continues to audit our people at HHH station. Because of the amount of overbookings, and free flight give aways. They are only looking at the length of runway!!! Not the fact that if the wind favors (i believe 3) a runway with restrictions because of a tree line. Well now we have to leave people and bags behind.
I have taking off at HHH in the Dash 8/300 and watch the trees go right under the plane looking very close as the gear sucks up.
So I believe we can end the talk of EMB 170 at the Head :down:

DHC8Driver said:
Does it make sense to send the aircraft on a mission that causes it to not be sold to capacity?
No it doesnt, but they are doing it most every day with the Beeches they're running around Florida. Had one the other night they could only take 6 people and NO bags. 13 denied boardings. Now thats a way to make money. This one was extreme (and I dont know what was wrong with the plane to cause this ridiculous number), but very often 16 or 17 is the max pax (on a 19 seater) with no bags being taken. ITS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE STATE OF FLORIDA AND NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO CORRECT IT!!!!!! :down:
Duh, aus to 17 perhaps? :p :shock:

Wouldnt be surprised to see them start service and then sell it out full only to leave people and bags behind instead of limiting it to begin with. Why would the people want their bags when they get home when they can have them delivered by US for free? :angry:

Back