New employee uniforms

I like to wear the casual bowling shirts.....
Are the trim colors supposed to designate a particular workgroup, or you can wear a variety each day?
A darker charcoal type gray would be better for MX, don't you think?  And the grey is much better in warmer areas, especially on a hot day.
From what I see, the gray seems to be the base color for the entire airline (according to the pics in the article)
This set up would only work for short sleeves only. And long sleeves, you can't have that kind of trim. It would look very silly.
Any pics of the long sleeves, or a jumpsuit?

What's the big deal about uniforms? There will always be those who go out to aircraft with passengers on board wearing anything BUT a required uniform. You know the types, sneakers, Harley Davidson jackets, NRA hats...You know the professionals who believe they are worth $50 an hour. 

Crapdog said:
I don't believe this. What moron chose a retro bowling shirt? We will look like fools walking through the terminals. Everyone in the industry will be laughing at us. I would be embarrassed to be seen in public wearing this. Do we have to wear matching bowling shoes too?
While I understand the sentiment, let's take a look at the mechs at any station. Most wear their shirt untucked, which looks very sloppy. Bowling shirts will make us look more uniformed. If we get the option of a polo shirt that looks good untucked that would be a good alternative. Let's face it there are a lot of heavy mechs that can't or won't tuck their shirt in. But this is all low on the priority list after a good contract, hard to give a crap about professionalism at work when you are treated the way we are treated.

I still see guys that don't have lockers, so who cares about uniforms. How many guys have turned in a shirt or pants only to get one back one that is already well worn with RTV stains. Until we get a new contract, break rooms that are cleaned and big enough for the amount of mech that are there should be taken care of, work stands all that stuff. I can understand the contract delays but our working conditions can and should be addressed by management, can't blame break rooms and not enough resources to do our job on the union. Crowded filthy conditions, is causing tension and disgruntled employees. As much money as AA has in our training and experience you would think they would try take care of that investment. I have already seen a number of guys leave AA for SWA and other aviation companies. The rest all I have seen is a steady decline in attitude, using their knowledge and experience for, let's say not expediting their performance.

Sorry for the rant. At least I feel better.

Tucked in or not, they will not look presentable after a few shots of turbine oil, skydrol and grease. The darker colors hide the stains if not show at all. If they are going to field test them then go out and get them dirty with what we deal with every day. The humor I hear about the bowling shirts are quite comical. We will get matching bowling shoes and a bowling bag to put our tools in. After all we have to look the part of our new proposed wardrobe.

MetalMover said:
What's the big deal about uniforms? There will always be those who go out to aircraft with passengers on board wearing anything BUT a required uniform. You know the types, sneakers, Harley Davidson jackets, NRA hats...You know the professionals who believe they are worth $50 an hour. 
Careful knocking the HD jackets. Your new ASS. union the IAM represents HD. (Although true.. I'm being sarcastic MM).

Wondering if the new uniform is for just mechanics, or fleet service also? They are an embarrassment.

Hopefully we will have names on them....Going for "Harper" and my new lunch box will be a bowling bag!! 

AP Tech said:
Hopefully we will have names on them....Going for "Harper" and my new lunch box will be a bowling bag!!
Don't forget the bowling shoes.

Talos said:
 Wondering if the new uniform is for just mechanics, or fleet service also? They are an embarrassment.
Machanics, FSC and Stores.

The uniform question was asked at the DFW town hall, and an unnamed individual stated to Parker that those uniforms are dead. 

Oh well, time to find a new bowling league.

Latest posts

Back