New "dot-com" Livery

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
US Airways Unveils `Dot Com' Aircraft Livery
Thursday March 4, 2:28 pm ET
Aircraft are Part of Year-Long `No Booking Fees. No Brainer.' Web Site Initiative

ARLINGTON, Va., March 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways (Nasdaq: UAIR - News) today unveiled a specialized aircraft livery to promote the consumer benefits of booking travel online at usairways.com. Approximately 10 aircraft will wear the `Dot Com' livery.

News Release

Jim

Is there a link to a photo somewhere?

Also, what aircraft are slated to be painted in Star Alliance colors?

A little bit of marketing, at last. Maybe there is hope.

The picture isn't the best though. I saw the a/c before they sent it to get the "dot com" livery. It looks great. They need a better one now during the day.

PITMTC said:
A little bit of marketing, at last. Maybe there is hope.

The picture isn't the best though. I saw the a/c before they sent it to get the "dot com" livery. It looks great. They need a better one now during the day.
Post. A. Picture.

PITMTC said:
Click on the link from sand2snow and scroll to the bottom of the web page.
I saw that one. I probably should have been more clear. A picture of the plane that reflects the actual paint job - as you saw it.

It's the same aircraft I was talking about. This one has to remain polished for other reasons. I stated that this aircraft looks really clean an polished. but this picture does not do it any justice.

I saw the plane Monday morning before it flew to ARA, it looked very highly polished, it can't be repainted due to the special inspections that need to been done at certain time intervals due to the lap joint repair, lets hope the company keeps up the polishing.

Plus a lot of extra rivets and sheet metal due to the repair.

:( I saw the a/c at a RON this morning. It was interesting but the rivets and patches are now much too pronounced. A better selection process for the aircraft chosen would have been an improvement.

It was chosen because every 2,500 cycles it needs to be inspected due to the lap joint repairs, so it would have to be stripped of paint at every inspection.

That is dreadful looking. The silver does not go with our navy tail. Of course they are only doing it because they cant paint that particular one. They could have at least kept the gray underbelly.

A better idea would be the regular livery, same tail, same gray underbelly and red/white cheatline, but instead of the navy blue fuselage, have it the greeny-blue colour of the usairways.com website, with the we site in yellow... that would incorporate the scheme of the airline (hello) and the website (hello).

I hate to sound like such a complainer, but that looks like it should be flying for an airline in a third world country somewhere. And from a distance it looks like American. And wow... putting "No Brainer" on the side of the most mismanaged airline in history- genius!

I still like my nifty idea of having the Shuttle be white, and the Express planes red-it would be a little variety, while maintaining consistency and product differentation at the same time.

It looks like someone has brought my ideas to life here (only thing is I would keep the underbelly gray on all three)

US, US Shuttle, US Express Liveries

Pretty, huh? :) Thank you to whoever made those... great minds think alike!

As for the dot.com scheme... Well, it must be designed by the same person who designed our uniforms... someone who really hates US Airways. They are having a good laugh.

Back