Mainline And Midlantic Employees

goodgirl37

Senior
Jul 24, 2005
Are mainline and midatlantic thinking about the fact that an embraer 195 can hold up to 116 pax... That is just short of a 319..... If express carriers such as Republic with the 170, get ahold of this - much of the mainline flying will be long gone as far as domestic goes! the embraer should be flown as a mainline plane and hopefully we win this battle!!!

You are so right goodgirl. I don't think alot of people see the bigger picture here.

If the 170 goes so does the 175/190/195. These are F100, DC9s, 717, 737-200, A318 almost 319 sized planes. Just alot more comfortable and economical.

Funny thing is that US Airways says it wants an affiliate to fly the 190 so that it can replace some 50-seaters.

Is there any reason to suspect that AmWest's RFP for 90 seat operations was really just a way to publically telegraph the reality that it is unlikely to be a feasible or preferred strategy for AmWest once it's management is controlling the combined U?

Did AmWest and U issue a joint RFP? I wouldn't have thought that they could have done so.

By issuing separate but similar RFPs and then having AmWest management either reject the proposals OR publically withdraw them OR enter into talks with their pilots regarding the possibility of HP flying such aircraft would communicate HP management's position or proclivity on the subject, without it being any kind of improper collusion.

Is that even relevant here?

The current ALPA contract permits the mainline minimum fleet count to be reset and this is a major TCC objective. In addition, ALPA wants the TCC negotiations to bring the EMB-190, EMB-195, and possibly the EMB-170 & EMB-175 (MDA to stay part of the mainline.

If this can be accomplished at competitive rates, it may be in management’s best interests to do so, but I do not want to comment further. The ALPA TCC from US Airways and America West will meet with senior management with discussions lead by Jerry Glass and it’s best to not speculate or negotiate in public.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Back