Local 512

aLb3Rt

Jun 17, 2011
Is anybody here familiar with AA-TWU Contract for the Fleet Service Clerks Title III? I don't quiet understand this thing so here's my situation:

I was laid-off back in August of 2009, recalled September 2010 but then received a letter that the recall offer was being rescinded 3 days later. 5 days after the deadline, I got a call from talent services that offering me the job again and said that the letter was sent of error. I told them I would take a bypass cause of the letter I decided to enroll myself to school. What I'd like to know is if I have anymore recall rights after the bypass in my current station (ORD). The company is now hiring people off the street and I'm still out of job. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Is anybody here familiar with AA-TWU Contract for the Fleet Service Clerks Title III? I don't quiet understand this thing so here's my situation:

I was laid-off back in August of 2009, recalled September 2010 but then received a letter that the recall offer was being rescinded 3 days later. 5 days after the deadline, I got a call from talent services that offering me the job again and said that the letter was sent of error. I told them I would take a bypass cause of the letter I decided to enroll myself to school. What I'd like to know is if I have anymore recall rights after the bypass in my current station (ORD). The company is now hiring people off the street and I'm still out of job. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!
I would call local 512 and ask questions regarding your situation. I just read the fleet service contract and unless you confirmed via written notification that it was okay for the company to contact you via telephone, the company was required to mail you recall notifications via certified mail return reciept requested with instructions on how to properly notify the company on whether you accept or refuse the recall. If you refuse the recall, you lose all recall rights and forefit seniority. It all depends on your specific situation. Contact 512. I hope this helps. good luck!

Back