DL adding Bowl game flights to PHX

ringmaruf

Veteran
Jul 7, 2003
PHL/ACY/EWR
http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10479

Delta is adding special PHX-CMH and PHX-GNV flights for the BCS Championship. (I won't even get into how "convenient" it is for DL to have an excuse to add even more service at US hubs.)

You'd think that US could do that, seeing as how PHX is a big hub and all, and how CMH was a hub in the past for *both* America West and USAir, and probably has lots of loyal customers.

But I guess Travis and Scott are too busy chasing away paid Envoy fares to respond.

I usually dont defend Scott and/or Travis but this is not fair. There could be a number of reasons why additional flights were not added. I know there are only a finite number of seats sold for the games so adding more flights may not be so prudent or maybe the seats are making more revenue in another market. I dont know but its unfair to accuse them without anything to back it up with. Sorry, but this time they get the benefit of the doubt! Mama

It has been done in the past, and those flights lose money. I say, go ahead and let Delta send empty planes SLC-CLT/PIT, CMH-PHX and anywhere else they damn well please. They love to send empty planes out to show everyone how busy their schedule is. Fuel is not cheap, but the seats on those flights are.

It has been done in the past, and those flights lose money. I say, go ahead and let Delta send empty planes SLC-CLT/PIT, CMH-PHX and anywhere else they damn well please. They love to send empty planes out to show everyone how busy their schedule is. Fuel is not cheap, but the seats on those flights are.

Back