Buyout

I don't usually see eye to eye with you Bobby but you hit the nail on the head. There are some people out there that are either smoking something and/or have serious cases of amnesia and don't remember how the company only offers packages when buying yes votes, then screws over both the sellers and the people left behind. The only package that is going to be delivered is the BD package. The Balls Deep package.

You may have something there BD. Could it be there are rumors starting about a buyout because the company will hold it back if they hear of troubles getting the contract thru with concessions and then throw it out there on a second vote with NO changes to the concessions and then bam, they just bought the membership. That's why I posted before that the buyout offers should be completely separate from any contract vote or contract changes, period. If any company puts a buyout with a contract vote it is just proof they are in fact trying to buy the votes and influence just enough to get a yes vote.

You may have something there BD. Could it be there are rumors starting about a buyout because the company will hold it back if they hear of troubles getting the contract thru with concessions and then throw it out there on a second vote with NO changes to the concessions and then bam, they just bought the membership. That's why I posted before that the buyout offers should be completely separate from any contract vote or contract changes, period. If any company puts a buyout with a contract vote it is just proof they are in fact trying to buy the votes and influence just enough to get a yes vote.
If the association and company want a contract to pass then a buyout will be attached to it. Not the first time. Then the association will say this is the best we can do without filing for arbitration. They will say that arbitration may not be as good as this package so we recommend a yes vote. I agree a buy out package should be available outside of negotiations. I seriously doubt that would happen. On the company side once all the plans are in place and they know the number of heads needed to run this airline a final package will be presented to the NC of the association and a buyout will more than likely be in the package if we are heavily over staffed. In my opinion this is why negotiations are moving along at a very slow pace with vague updates to details.

If the association and company want a contract to pass then a buyout will be attached to it. Not the first time. Then the association will say this is the best we can do without filing for arbitration. They will say that arbitration may not be as good as this package so we recommend a yes vote. I agree a buy out package should be available outside of negotiations. I seriously doubt that would happen. On the company side once all the plans are in place and they know the number of heads needed to run this airline a final package will be presented to the NC of the association and a buyout will more than likely be in the package if we are heavily over staffed. In my opinion this is why negotiations are moving along at a very slow pace with vague updates to details.
I was afraid of that 1AA. I am also afraid something like that will soon happen with us. Maybe not a buyout, but I could see SWA increasing to full retro, or increasing the snap up bonus, and/or increasing the hourly pay offers to buy the membership in our case, hell, maybe they too will try to throw out a buyout to us you never know what they will do to get the scope changes they want.

Back