Buh, bye first class?

lasttoboard

Jan 7, 2005
After March 19, 2010 will any S/A ever have an opportunity to ride F/C again. It appears as if no first class revenue from Premiers trumps revenue spent by S/A's for their travel. I'm not surprised, when will UA stop the hose job on employees and retirees? Retorical of course, the answer is NEVER because they can.......

Just don't care anymore. The food sucks. The F/A's treat S/A's bad. It is only a bigger seat these days.

After March 19, 2010 will any S/A ever have an opportunity to ride F/C again. It appears as if no first class revenue from Premiers trumps revenue spent by S/A's for their travel. I'm not surprised, when will UA stop the hose job on employees and retirees? Retorical of course, the answer is NEVER because they can.......

Wah, wah, wah... UA is just doing this to be competitive with the other majors that offer unlimited complimentary upgrades to their Elite members. The airlines have to take care of their customers because without customers you have no reason to have employees.

Wah, wah, wah... UA is just doing this to be competitive with the other majors that offer unlimited complimentary upgrades to their Elite members. The airlines have to take care of their customers because without customers you have no reason to have employees.

So tell me o'wise one, which of the majors bumps revenue paying employees or retirees in favor of no revenue club member upgrades?

Continental
By process of elimination, that leaves Delta, SWA, American, Alaskan, US Air and Jet Blue who still find some value in revenue streams provided by employee and retired riders?

Not to mention, the industry has been piled on for the past decade as airlines have been allowed to fail. It's hard to believe but certain groups within the airline framework always seem to be targeted for more abuse. Just sayin!

Thx Jim for letting me know US is on board too...I thought Doug would prefer F/C. Wait a minute maybe Doug doesn't play by employee SOP? Just a little to close to the stealler Obama administration who make the rules for the minions of course they don't apply to them e.g., healthcare...

Not to drift off topic, but the US policy originated with PI before the US/PI merger - before that US didn't have F/C. The exceptions are company business travel or US has a deal where employees pay 80% of the applicable fare and are treated as revenue passengers - baggage fees and all - so anyone buying those discounted F/C tickets would be treated as any other revenue passenger.

Jim

Latest posts

Back