Anoyone knows anything about Interjet?

Wimp Lo

Aug 31, 2010
Hello, I've been a frequent visitor of these forums but I never registered mainly because I don't have anything interesting to say about aviaton, I don't know much about it, I am just interested in it, I am actualy a nervous flier, which is why i decided to register and ask the following question.

Normaly I fly airlines that I know, the typical ones, Mexicana, American Airlines, British, etc.. I never fly regional airlines of any country.. I just dont like smaller planes or older planes or suspect airlines or anything like that.

So I am in Mexico for business and I need to fly to cancun and the company bought the ticket with Interjet, this is a Mexican airline that looks to have fairly new aircraft and they have been around a few years but there's almost no info on it online. they dont fly internationaly which is something that allways gets me nervous. I like to fly airlines like Mexicana (which doesnt exist anymore) or Aeromexico which are allowed to fly into the USA or Europe or even Asia.. it just makes me be a bit more at ease, knowing that everybody trusts this airline enough for that. Specialy airlines that are part of a big alliance like one world or sky team.

This question may seem dumb to you because everybody here is probably so used to flying that this just sounds dumb but I am a bit nervous for this upcoming flight, I am basicaly flying an airline I know nothing about, sure they have new planes (A320 and 19's it seems) but I am not sure how the maintenance goes here in Mexico, I know Mexicana and Aeromexico were to notch, I've also heard horror stories from Viva Aerobus (and some of those stories from some very legitimate sources mind you) So I am kind of on edge here.

Any info anybody could give me would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!

Hello, I've been a frequent visitor of these forums but I never registered mainly because I don't have anything interesting to say about aviaton, I don't know much about it, I am just interested in it, I am actualy a nervous flier, which is why i decided to register and ask the following question.

Normaly I fly airlines that I know, the typical ones, Mexicana, American Airlines, British, etc.. I never fly regional airlines of any country.. I just dont like smaller planes or older planes or suspect airlines or anything like that.

So I am in Mexico for business and I need to fly to cancun and the company bought the ticket with Interjet, this is a Mexican airline that looks to have fairly new aircraft and they have been around a few years but there's almost no info on it online. they dont fly internationaly which is something that allways gets me nervous. I like to fly airlines like Mexicana (which doesnt exist anymore) or Aeromexico which are allowed to fly into the USA or Europe or even Asia.. it just makes me be a bit more at ease, knowing that everybody trusts this airline enough for that. Specialy airlines that are part of a big alliance like one world or sky team.

This question may seem dumb to you because everybody here is probably so used to flying that this just sounds dumb but I am a bit nervous for this upcoming flight, I am basicaly flying an airline I know nothing about, sure they have new planes (A320 and 19's it seems) but I am not sure how the maintenance goes here in Mexico, I know Mexicana and Aeromexico were to notch, I've also heard horror stories from Viva Aerobus (and some of those stories from some very legitimate sources mind you) So I am kind of on edge here.

Any info anybody could give me would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks!

OOPS! I hit the wrong button Wimpete..... but were not in the airplane. Use my rule if the crew doesn't speak english at dinner I'll find another ride.

Back