Another one bids farewell

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
Well another mechanic at JFK has quit the company for greener pastures. Last week the youngest Tech Crew Chief quit the company. He was in no danger of getting laid off and was at the top rate that AA offers. I guess after seeing the latest TA he realized what the company really thought of him. As a TCC the company sunk thousands of additional dollars into specialized training that only TCCs recieve, TCC s are picked by the company. By no means a union advocate, the company has driven away yet another worker who at one time was very pro-company.

I've seen more people leave the company over the last five years than I did the previous 20.

We had another leave via suicide in Tulsa this week. Very sad.

So sad to hear about this. We need to emphasize that no matter how bad things are, do not, do not take your own life. Certainly do not jump off the cliff over your job. it's not worth it. I flew with former Eastern fas who have told me stories of suicides after Eastern shut down , and i'm sure it was the same with Pan Am, TWA etc.etc. Suicide is senseless regardless of the reason but to end your life over a job, please dont!

Well another mechanic at JFK has quit the company for greener pastures. Last week the youngest Tech Crew Chief quit the company. He was in no danger of getting laid off and was at the top rate that AA offers. I guess after seeing the latest TA he realized what the company really thought of him. As a TCC the company sunk thousands of additional dollars into specialized training that only TCCs receive, TCC s are picked by the company. By no means a union advocate, the company has driven away yet another worker who at one time was very pro-company.

I've seen more people leave the company over the last five years than I did the previous 20.
<_< ------- Bob, this really doesn't surprise me. It's obvious what the Company/ Union have in store for this once proud Profession! And it seems that the membership don't have the well to do anything about it. ( And I'm being diplomatic here!) If they buy this peace of @#&%, they deserve everything they get!------ Sad! Sad! :unsure:---- But I agree, no job is worth a life!!!

Leaving is a great idea.

As for suicide, hell no. I'd just laugh at all the banksters who loaned an AA'er so much money.

Back