Another horrible day the NE

Aug 20, 2002
OK, so the ATC and weather delay today were not the fault of QIK/SHARES http://wtop.com/?nid=111&sid=1162125 . But 10 "Migrainie Migration Relief Updates later, it still takes longer to reroute in QIK/SHARES than in did in Sabre. An confirming OAL segements is still hit and miss. "Control F8 This, Joe Beery) :p

Yeah. Yesterday was pretty much a wash for operations at PIT, too. We ended up cancelling a lot of New York Area flights due to a combination of the computer problems and some passing storms that normally would have been minor nuisances but added to the fun nonetheless.

Most of the expedite baggage we had was due to a failure to reroute the bags at the upline stations, but I'm not giving out any PAWOB awards because of the chaos. Bags were ready to go on the early flights, so I'm pretty sure they will be with their owners by noon at the latest.

I have no idea when the gate agents at Express got released from their freeze, but I'm pretty sure it was much later than 1 a.m. I hope some of them had today off so they can rest up for whatever happens next.

Yeah. Yesterday was pretty much a wash for operations at PIT, too. We ended up cancelling a lot of New York Area flights due to a combination of the computer problems and some passing storms that normally would have been minor nuisances but added to the fun nonetheless.

Most of the expedite baggage we had was due to a failure to reroute the bags at the upline stations, but I'm not giving out any PAWOB awards because of the chaos. Bags were ready to go on the early flights, so I'm pretty sure they will be with their owners by noon at the latest.

I have no idea when the gate agents at Express got released from their freeze, but I'm pretty sure it was much later than 1 a.m. I hope some of them had today off so they can rest up for whatever happens next.
There must have been a lot of standing around in PIT doing nothing with all those cancelled flights, so really just like any other day for the arrogant Pittsburgh types.

There must have been a lot of standing around in PIT doing nothing with all those cancelled flights, so really just like any other day for the arrogant Pittsburgh types.
Yeah....like the customers hear the flight is cancelled and they just go home. What airline do you work for? :blink:

OH LOOK.......another fracking troll. Grow up princess.

And where do you stand around feeling all so important and arrogant?

Fascinating opinion, Marco. Incorrect assumptions, but fascinating in how you perceive Pittsburgh agents.

You're welcome to come by and work for a week. Maybe your opinion will change.

but I'm pretty sure it was much later than 1 a.m. I hope some of them had today off so they can rest up for whatever happens next.

LOL, did better than at our end. The last one back to you finally took off at 02.00. We had bets going as to whether we'd be rebooking it or not.

Makes you wonder when all IT has been doing is to emulate SABRE behind the scenes why did we bother with the this crap shares. It certainly would have made more sense to run SABRE than to waste time and money "TRYING" to make shares work like SABRE. You know it will never happen since the IDIOT TEAM does not possess the ability or intellect to do the job.

LOL, did better than at our end. The last one back to you finally took off at 02.00. We had bets going as to whether we'd be rebooking it or not.

I think that flight was going on to SDF. It was the only plane left to wait for after 1 a.m. I don't know if it scrubbed outbound or not.

The agents did really well with quick turning those late flights. The biggest shame is that those passengers going out on those late flights were stuck at the airport for hours waiting to get to their destinations. Most of them were quite patient with the mess.

Back