American seeks LA-Shanghai route

Yeah. But in PS's defense, those planes have been updated since Reagan was president. AA's -200's haven't been and it shows...

Really? That's not what I see day in and day out. The only thing that hasn't changed is the LOGO.

Highly highly untrue.

UA+CO have 6x to EWR and 6x to JFK. All narrowbody (757s to JFK, and 737s to EWR)

AA has 1x to EWR (757) and 10x to JFK (all 762)

UA does have *1* more flight between the two airports. But it's all on narrowbodies. On a seats basis, AA wins hands down.

But please, do keep trying to sway us with opinions not based on any facts.... ;)

Well, I know for a fact that CAL has at least 7 flights a day, a mix of 737 8 and 900s and 757s (usually 2 or 3) ... Once the merger is in full swing, you will start to see widebodies on these routes, But it is pretty easy to get the facts - just go to CAL.com and you can see for yourself EWR-LAX 7xdaily ....

Folks

Just a reminder- discuss the POSTS not the POSTERS....

the cornfield awaits those who can't help themselves.

Thank you.

Well, I know for a fact that CAL has at least 7 flights a day, a mix of 737 8 and 900s and 757s (usually 2 or 3) ... Once the merger is in full swing, you will start to see widebodies on these routes, But it is pretty easy to get the facts - just go to CAL.com and you can see for yourself EWR-LAX 7xdaily ....

Wow 6 or 7 really doesnt change anything. The point was AA is all 767 and UAL and CAL are all 737 / 757. You can dream about wide bodies on the transcon market, but it is only a dream. There is nothing published saying other wise.

Wow 6 or 7 really doesnt change anything. The point was AA is all 767 and UAL and CAL are all 737 / 757. You can dream about wide bodies on the transcon market, but it is only a dream. There is nothing published saying other wise.

UAL does have widebody transcons, many of them. Many widebody 3/4 con and many many widebody hub to hub, but UAL DOES NOT do 757 international (europe) like AA does - Back to Shanghai!!!

UAL does have widebody transcons, many of them. Many widebody 3/4 con and many many widebody hub to hub, but UAL DOES NOT do 757 international (europe) like AA does - Back to Shanghai!!!

I'll indulge with a few more facts (something you should consider researching).

Looking at UA.bomb, there are a total of 3 widebodies between IAD-SFO and IAD-LAX combined. The other 11 flights are either 757 or A320. There are no widebodies at all on SFO-JFK with UA or CO. It's another PS market for UA, but they also have an A319 in the market... nice for product consistency, eh?...

We've already determined that there are no widebodies on LAX-JFK/EWR. I won't bother pulling up BOS.

Out of about 35-40 frequencies, there are 3 widebodies. Even doubled, 6 out of 35 isn't very much to me. Hardly "many" in even the most liberal of translations.

And yes, we can get back to Shanghai.

Essentially, UA is entering the market betcause China Eastern is leaving Star Alliance for Skyteam. They already fly to PVG from SFO, and most of the markets that feed LAX also feed SFO. If anything, they stand to cannibalize their own flights at SFO.

Back