American Adventurism in Libya, Iraq & Afghanistan

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Before you read my comments, Please watch the clip

The above clip shows the grateful citizens of Bastogne and their parade honoring those who fought and died for their liberation. All of the equipment you see was restored by the citizens. I had the opportunity to be there for the 60th Anniversary and you go to Bastogne around Christmas and as an American we are honored not by government but by the current residents who have never ever forgotten the sacrifice.

It's the most beautiful thing. Several hundred re-enacters in full uniform, all kinds of fully restored and operational equipment. Belgian and US flags in every store and not little one either. If the locals see you they will often ask "So did your Father fight here"? If you answer "Yes" be prepared to spend some time chatting with them as they tell you their families story and they helped our men. I met one veteran who was 80 who to this very day stays in the same farmhouse as he and the dozen men under his command. Difference now is the Granddaughter of the original host. He told me he spent Christmas Eve in the square signing autographs. This man was a Sgt who told me his primary goal was to keep his men warm and dry. He said "It happens every time I cross the square"

Funniest and most touching thing was I went into a beer cafe to buy some beers to take home and about 1/3 of the cooler was filled with Bud, Miller & Coors. I asked why and the Bar Man said "Oh, those we give to the American Soldiers who come back, aren't as many now because we used to fill it almost completely"

I mention the above because I wonder 65 years from now if the above adoration will fill the streets in the three countries above? Somehow I think not.

Before you read my comments, Please watch the clip

The above clip shows the grateful citizens of Bastogne and their parade honoring those who fought and died for their liberation. All of the equipment you see was restored by the citizens. I had the opportunity to be there for the 60th Anniversary and you go to Bastogne around Christmas and as an American we are honored not by government but by the current residents who have never ever forgotten the sacrifice.

It's the most beautiful thing. Several hundred re-enacters in full uniform, all kinds of fully restored and operational equipment. Belgian and US flags in every store and not little one either. If the locals see you they will often ask "So did your Father fight here"? If you answer "Yes" be prepared to spend some time chatting with them as they tell you their families story and they helped our men. I met one veteran who was 80 who to this very day stays in the same farmhouse as he and the dozen men under his command. Difference now is the Granddaughter of the original host. He told me he spent Christmas Eve in the square signing autographs. This man was a Sgt who told me his primary goal was to keep his men warm and dry. He said "It happens every time I cross the square"

Funniest and most touching thing was I went into a beer cafe to buy some beers to take home and about 1/3 of the cooler was filled with Bud, Miller & Coors. I asked why and the Bar Man said "Oh, those we give to the American Soldiers who come back, aren't as many now because we used to fill it almost completely"

I mention the above because I wonder 65 years from now if the above adoration will fill the streets in the three countries above? Somehow I think not.

We don't have to wait 65 years, they already blame us.
IMHO, 1-5 years later:
Irag will tag us as unwelcome invaders as they lived in peace under Saddam more so than they are now.
Afghanistan will do the same. The Taliban will still be in power, and the US will still be dealing with war lords, Taliban, al queda and any other faction that can gain CIA support and our tax dollars.
After the Muslim Brotherhood takes over Egypt, they'll send terrorists to the US because we didn't support them, then attack Israel again to prove their 'hope and change'.
Libya will continue to be 'fanatical' and may take the same path as Somalia or just be another radical Islam state.
Yemen will continue to grow as a radical Islam training ground.

Not looking pretty for the Merikan influence in the ME.
The wild card is China. Who will they send arms and support to?

B) xUT

We don't have to wait 65 years, they already blame us.
IMHO, 1-5 years later:
Irag will tag us as unwelcome invaders as they lived in peace under Saddam more so than they are now.
Afghanistan will do the same. The Taliban will still be in power, and the US will still be dealing with war lords, Taliban, al queda and any other faction that can gain CIA support and our tax dollars.
After the Muslim Brotherhood takes over Egypt, they'll send terrorists to the US because we didn't support them, then attack Israel again to prove their 'hope and change'.
Libya will continue to be 'fanatical' and may take the same path as Somalia or just be another radical Islam state.
Yemen will continue to grow as a radical Islam training ground.

Not looking pretty for the Merikan influence in the ME.
The wild card is China. Who will they send arms and support to?

B) xUT

Well thank you very much Mr Morale Builder!!! :lol:

In his Press Conference today Donald Trump (of all people) asked the questions I've been asking all along.

Who are the rebels in Libya? Do we know? Are the Al Queda? Radical Islamic Terrorists? Everybody knows Quadaffi is a mad man, has been for 30 years, but how do we knew the rebels aren't worse then the guy we got now?

The above is a paraphrase but captures the flavor of his remarks. Now if Donald Trump can figure this out and he's supposedly not the smartest guy in the room despite his blatant self promotion. Obama is supposed to be the smartest guy in the room and I haven't heard him either ask or answer the obvious questions that Trump came up with.

So if the "Smart Guy" is dumber than the "Dumb Guy" what does that say?

Back