Airtran loses $107 million in 3rd quarter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall see how far your "livable wages" go with the economy in the toilet coupled with the merger related costs and increased total payroll. Want to bet they will be back in a few years if not sooner looking for a giveback? Can't say it hasn't happend before can ya? Many other Airlines such as UA gave their pilots HUGE raises, only to strip them away soon afterwards. I hope you have a ladder to get down off your DL high horse.
Ron Allen just about ran DL to the edge, and there is no guarentee that Anderson won't do the same. You may outlast a few O/A, but don't get too cockey about it. You seem to get great joy out of others misfortune, but focus very little on your own Airlines board. While $6B is a lot of cash, it can go out the door before you know it.....Only time will tell, and maybe then you will take a look back at how quick you were to be joyful at everyone else's problems and misfortune at their jobs. While I take time to read all of the boards, I never jump on, or in your case start a negaitve topic about a competitor. Every Airline operating in todays environment has it's issues, but you fail the see your own company in the mix. FYI I have had family and friends that worked for DL for years before you were even walking, and they shake their heads at what the company has become. Ask some of the retiree's what they think of DL? I don't know any that have a positive word to say...Not ONE. Delta has screwed just as many of it's employees as any other Airline, but for some reason you fail to see it. I guess asl long as they grease your palm, all is OK in Deltaland...
How many stations have they outsourced? Reservations jobs lost to India? Mainline flying lost to RJ's?
Take the time to look, and you will see it's just about the same in your house as it is at other Airlines. But assuming that you are a Pilot, none of those lost jobs effect you, so it doesn't matter. I haven't known too many from your group that care about anyone but themselves anyway, since the world revolves around their wants and needs.
If the Golf Cart has fully charged batteries in Peach Tree City, the World is a wonderful place.

I say charge the damn bag fee, pax are so confused by airlines tacking on this fee and that fee, that no one keeps track anymore. They kind of expect it now. If your company is strapped for cash, it makes sense to do what the other airlines are doing, regardless of what DAL is doing. Their merger might screw them up a little but probably won't go down into the historic tragic disaster that Qik wreaked on LCC.. If that happened, Air Tran needn't worry LOL

As usual, you are quick to spread the news of another Airlines issues. Funny that I didn't see you post any comments over on the DL board in regard to their losses. But then again this is from a member who posts trash about another Airlines stock drop %, while his own is trading at less than $1 more as of Friday's close.
Your dear Delta may have been fortunate enough to have EA dissappear from their backyard years ago, but don't count on Airtran doing you another favor.

I feel that a piece of luggage should be included in the price of the ticket. I feel that the only reason a company would make such a change in this is to offer a lower fee in writing or advertising, while at the desk you find our paying just as much if not more than another company you might have chose if you had looked closer. This is a typical corporate psy-op. Until we as consumers quit trading with companies that continue this behavior, we have no one to blame but our selves.

I feel that a piece of luggage should be included in the price of the ticket. I feel that the only reason a company would make such a change in this is to offer a lower fee in writing or advertising, while at the desk you find our paying just as much if not more than another company you might have chose if you had looked closer. This is a typical corporate psy-op. Until we as consumers quit trading with companies that continue this behavior, we have no one to blame but our selves.
IIRC, the First Bag IS free, it's the second one that cost extra. The rest of your post 'Spun me out'! I'm afraid to add you to the Where-ever-Tran list, as I don't know where you maybe fly from but, LSDTran looks like a good start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back