AA/BA/IB to cede slots

SY has been interested in leaseing and /or later to buy the BOS-LHR slot, DFW-LHR slot from AA, in reference to the AA/BA/IB ATI.

This is what little Joe was hearing in MSP, some of the theory that little Joe and freinds had are stated below. :lol:

SY wanted to first lease the BOS-LHR service and flying the service with a B738 ETOPS aircraft.
AA flying widebody aircraft on the route. The B738 seat capacity was extremely below the market demands.

SY reallized that the B738 would be inadequate capacity for the market. SY it was seeking the assistances of AA to lease back the BOS-LHR service for five years. Until SY can acquire the aircrafts with the seat capacity that SY will operate, (B773,B772 B789,A333,A332).

If SY can acquire the assistances of AA on the BOS-LHR market, SY would be interested in a similar arrangment on the DFW-LHR route, but with a ten year lease.

SY would like AA to lease some of the seasonal routes out of MSP an then SY could lease back some or all of the routes that AA leases, so SY and AA can put the right size aircraft on those routes went the markets demands, (SY B738,B737 AA MD80 during the slow peak for SY, and AA B752,B763 during the high peak for SY).

Man this is what little Joe and freinds are talking about up in the forzen tundra of MSP.

I about laugh so hard that I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up. :lol:

It's a slam-dunk.

Yesterday at JFK, DFW heads and JFK maintenance were already going over the start-up of the third phase of T-8.

Cabin Service, is on the chopping blocks already, just another BA demand. More jobs to be outsourced later as Willie Walsh takes over the reins.

Barfbag.........Am really surprise with your stament regarding the third phase of T-8.
I just had a conversation with the GM at JFK and there are no plans in the "near" future
for any additional expansion of T-8. According to the GM we have plenty of gates that
are not even been utilize to its full capacity. AA is in talks to bring some of the "onewolrd"
carriers over to T-8 but even that is proving difficult. Brittish Airways has its own terminal
and are not interested in leaving it. Iberia used to fly out of our terminal a few years ago
and have shown no interest in coming back.........JAL would have to get out of its lease on
T-1..........so even though its a nice rumor about the completion of the third phase of T-8;
its only that a rumor that doesn not even make too much sense.

Maybe the GM doesn't consider four years "near future" enough, but it's more than just a rumor. The PANYNJ owns the facility, not AA, and DL is putting a lot of pressure on the Port to replace T2 & T3. That can't happen without room to move some of DL's flights.

BA's lease on T-8 expires in 2015, and four years would be just about right for finishing out the rest of T-8.

JL's in bankruptcy, and could easily walk from it's T-1 obligations. Skyteam partners own half the facility, so another option would be for DL, KE, and AF to buy out JL's 25% share (LH owns the other 25%).

Given all the puzzle pieces on the board right now, I'd be willing to bet $1 that T-8 is in the process of being finished by 2016....

Maybe the GM doesn't consider four years "near future" enough, but it's more than just a rumor. The PANYNJ owns the facility, not AA, and DL is putting a lot of pressure on the Port to replace T2 & T3. That can't happen without room to move some of DL's flights.

BA's lease on T-8 expires in 2015, and four years would be just about right for finishing out the rest of T-8.

JL's in bankruptcy, and could easily walk from it's T-1 obligations. Skyteam partners own half the facility, so another option would be for DL, KE, and AF to buy out JL's 25% share (LH owns the other 25%).

Given all the puzzle pieces on the board right now, I'd be willing to bet $1 that T-8 is in the process of being finished by 2016....
AA own the building but doesn't own the land its sit on. That why all airlines pay lease to PANYNJ the ones that own their terminal. Also the port funds some of the construction not all of it. Yes DL is putting pressure PANYNJ to move some of the airlines out T4 because NW and DL are part owner of T4. They need T4 for their OPS and for future construction OPS. Yes JL can easily move from T1 but how much is AA will to charger for their realty state same goes for BA. I believe that T8 currently has 4 airlines that leases the terminal or has a package deal. expect for A/C maintenance its handle by the airlines vendor. T6 is empty no one operate it. One more reason that DL is pressuring PA to make gates or terminal available. DL just to leases their terminal or they had a package deal but they need their gates. They kick everyone out. Its not easy to kick so many airlines out of T4 also by owning the terminal doesn't mean that they run it. T4 is leased to a vendor who sub-leases to airlines.
Back to subject will see more sharing of flight and ones that are not need will be move to their partners. AA will get more access to European counties that they don't services or cities.

It's a slam-dunk.

Yesterday at JFK, DFW heads and JFK maintenance were already going over the start-up of the third phase of T-8.

Cabin Service, is on the chopping blocks already, just another BA demand. More jobs to be outsourced later as Willie Walsh takes over the reins.

I'd love to know more about this. There has been a great deal of debate and discussion around the net about whether or not BA could be persuaded to take the plunge and leave its long-time JFK home at T7 for AA's T8.

Barfbag.........Am really surprise with your stament regarding the third phase of T-8.
I just had a conversation with the GM at JFK and there are no plans in the "near" future
for any additional expansion of T-8. According to the GM we have plenty of gates that
are not even been utilize to its full capacity. AA is in talks to bring some of the "onewolrd"
carriers over to T-8 but even that is proving difficult. Brittish Airways has its own terminal
and are not interested in leaving it. Iberia used to fly out of our terminal a few years ago
and have shown no interest in coming back.........JAL would have to get out of its lease on
T-1..........so even though its a nice rumor about the completion of the third phase of T-8;
its only that a rumor that doesn not even make too much sense.

Remember, though - it's not just about gates. True, the entire oneworld schedule that currently operates out of T7 (including BA, QF, IB and CX) could fit into T8. It wouldn't be totally painless - but it would fit.

However, BA's current lounges at T7 could never be replicated within the current space available at T8 - there is just not enough room. And there is no way that BA is going to put its most premium customers at its single most important international station into AA's lounges. Not gonna happen.

Bottom line: if BA is to move to T8, they would have to build out the rest of T8 just to give BA the lounge space it would almost certainly need/want.

The City of New York owns the land on which Idlewild was built, and all the buildings that sit on that land are leased by the Port Authority.

What he said. Airlines only have exclusive use long term leases.

One thing is for sure, be it AA/BA or airline ABC or DEF, driving by Terminal 8's original third phase vacant lot, I saw two surveyors doing their thing with their transit and tape.
Whoever builds on that property, it looks like plans are being made and it just happens to coincide with the current news of AA/BA/IB and JAL......

Maybe they're just building temporary housing for strike breakers!

One thing is for sure, be it AA/BA or airline ABC or DEF, driving by Terminal 8's original third phase vacant lot, I saw two surveyors doing their thing with their transit and tape.
Whoever builds on that property, it looks like plans are being made and it just happens to coincide with the current news of AA/BA/IB and JAL......

Maybe they're just building temporary housing for strike breakers!

I heard a rumor that what they are putting there is an employee parking lot.

SY has been interested in leaseing and /or later to buy the BOS-LHR slot, DFW-LHR slot from AA, in reference to the AA/BA/IB ATI.

This is what little Joe was hearing in MSP, some of the theory that little Joe and freinds had are stated below. :lol:

SY wanted to first lease the BOS-LHR service and flying the service with a B738 ETOPS aircraft.
AA flying widebody aircraft on the route. The B738 seat capacity was extremely below the market demands.

SY reallized that the B738 would be inadequate capacity for the market. SY it was seeking the assistances of AA to lease back the BOS-LHR service for five years. Until SY can acquire the aircrafts with the seat capacity that SY will operate, (B773,B772 B789,A333,A332).

If SY can acquire the assistances of AA on the BOS-LHR market, SY would be interested in a similar arrangment on the DFW-LHR route, but with a ten year lease.

SY would like AA to lease some of the seasonal routes out of MSP an then SY could lease back some or all of the routes that AA leases, so SY and AA can put the right size aircraft on those routes went the markets demands, (SY B738,B737 AA MD80 during the slow peak for SY, and AA B752,B763 during the high peak for SY).

Man this is what little Joe and freinds are talking about up in the forzen tundra of MSP.

I about laugh so hard that I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up. :lol:

Well, I see SY offering flights this summer from MSP to London Stansted from June through August. They will be using their own 737-800s, stopping for fuel in Newfoundland. Nothing about leasing a/c from AA though.

Back