The 2011 Depression

Maybe you should carefully read what you post.
US long arm of democracy kind of parallels your colonialism. :eek:
We have so many friends in the middle east and several other areas that get a tingle up their leg at the thought of the US and its democratic ways......much like jolly old England was in days gone by. :blink:

And maybe you should read the links you post. This is not the first time you've heaped praise on some talking head and have that person to be who you thought they were.

So the long arm of democracy parallels colonialism? I think the dislike some of the people have in the part of the world feel for us has a lot more to do with our support of some rather unsavory governments. Not our support for democracy as you try to imply.

Let’s look at parts of the world where we have actively supported democracy. Western Europe after WWII for example. I wonder how things would have turned out if after the war we packed up and left and old Joe Stalin had filled the power vacuum. Or how about Japan and South Korea? Do you think the USA is weaker or stronger for supporting democracy in those countries?

Now let’s say you are right. The only logical conclusion you can come to regarding George Bush’s decision to invade Iraq in 2003 is that it was wrong.

Lets cut with the Bull $ already...
Dow Repeats Great Depression Pattern: Charts
http://www.cnbc.com/id/38092759
from the DOL: A chart of unemployment since 1995 http://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2010/07/08/a-chart-of-unemployment-since-1995/
Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History:: http://atr.org/six-months-untilbr-largest-tax-hikes-a5171#

If anyone thinks rosy time are ahead they are delusional.

Game over.

Like I told dell, be careful what you wish for. Maybe if you get your wish you can rant about Obama from the unemployment line.

That redstate site link is so deceptive as to be laughable. People can twist facts in all sorts of ways. Someone else could turn around and say look how unemployment went up at the beginning and end of GWB term in office. Or someone back in the early eighties could have done the same thing to Ronald Reagan when unemployment was around 10.8%. And how in the world does that chart prove that we are headed for a depression, could you explain that to me?

Largest tax hike in history? Not even close to matching the highest historical income tax rates.

Things that make you go "Hmmm" !

"Grim Outlook Expected in Midyear Budget Review"

"The Obama administration's upcoming midyear assessment of the federal budget and the economy may be bleaker than anticipated given the slow progress of recovery from the recession."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20100712/pl_cq_politics/politics3699215

First of all, I don't think anyone is hoping our economy collapses, it's just that some of us don't wear "Obama-Rose-Tinted-Glasses" TM.

Small business owners, whom the economic rebound hinges on, are not hiring because they don't have any clues as to what their taxes will look like in the near future, other than the fact they will be paying more and they have no clue as to what impact Obama-Care TM, will have on their business !

Now there's "Hope N' Change" TM, you can believe in !

Transparecy......................isn't it a beautiful thing ?

And maybe you should read the links you post. This is not the first time you've heaped praise on some talking head and have that person to be who you thought they were.

So the long arm of democracy parallels colonialism? I think the dislike some of the people have in the part of the world feel for us has a lot more to do with our support of some rather unsavory governments. Not our support for democracy as you try to imply.

Let’s look at parts of the world where we have actively supported democracy. Western Europe after WWII for example. I wonder how things would have turned out if after the war we packed up and left and old Joe Stalin had filled the power vacuum. Or how about Japan and South Korea? Do you think the USA is weaker or stronger for supporting democracy in those countries?

Now let’s say you are right. The only logical conclusion you can come to regarding George Bush’s decision to invade Iraq in 2003 is that it was wrong.

Active support and active imposition are two different things. Just like the UK imposing their colonialism.....US does it too, take a look with out the glasses.

Active support and active imposition are two different things. Just like the UK imposing their colonialism.....US does it too, take a look with out the glasses.

So I interpret that as a yes to the question whether or not George Bush made a mistake invading Iraq.

I hope you mean that it was a mistake in that it was bad for the country.

As far as I am concerned, Bush, Cheney and the rest of them invaded Iraq intentionally and lied to the the American people and the rest of the world. Congress was strong armed into going along with the patriotism card (you're with us or you're against us) and every single one of the bastards failed miserably at their job of checks and balance. They let the Bush administration run rough shod over the American people (idiots that we are) and COTUS. Congress protected their jobs and failed at protecting us and up holding their oath of office.

The Bush administration wanted a presence in the ME other than Israel and they figured that Iraq would be an easy target. Unfortunately none of them had any idea what they were getting this nation into,or at least I hoe they did not. They went in with no exit plan and no concept of how much an invading nation would be hated. And apparently they also had no clue that Sadam, the bastard that he was, was also the only one keeping Iran busy.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed and now we have to pick up the pieces. I think it would have been nice to have the $1,000,000,000,000+ not thrown away into a money pit given that we don't have the money in the first place. I am sure that the families of the 5,000+ dead soldiers would love to have them around as well.

And all this for oil. That is after all the only reason that the US or the rest of the world has any interest in the ME n the first place. I think it's a shame we did not heed Carters advice about getting off of our oil addiction 40 years ago.

What I cannot figure out is if it is due to incredible short sightedness or a political/business infrastructure that has an absolute strangle hold on the world so as to prevent anyone from advancing alternative power sources until every last dollar has been milked out of fossil fuels.

What I cannot figure out is if it is due to incredible short sightedness or a political/business infrastructure that has an absolute strangle hold on the world so as to prevent anyone from advancing alternative power sources until every last dollar has been milked out of fossil fuels.

Don't you think it is a waste to let the "fossil fuel" stay in the ground? What else is it good for?

You have strayed off the original topic.......................

And you’re not answering my question. Since the original topic was the article regarding Mr. Celente and his doomsday economic views and one particular remark I think it's a rather fair question. You trying to compare America’s support of democracy with Britain's colonial past is a rather weak attempt to somehow defend what he said.

And you’re not answering my question. Since the original topic was the article regarding Mr. Celente and his doomsday economic views and one particular remark I think it's a rather fair question. You trying to compare America’s support of democracy with Britain's colonial past is a rather weak attempt to somehow defend what he said.

Who cares?

Some forty states teetering on Bk and Europe on the brink and you're all tingly?

Of course, the major airlines are going to report record profits.....every thing is coming up roses and lollipops.

As for Bush....He failed to notify me as to the hows and whys regarding Iraq and I am in the dark with his decision. It was his decision not mine.

As for Bush....He failed to notify me as to the hows and whys regarding Iraq and I am in the dark with his decision. It was his decision not mine.

You should go into politics dell. All that time spent dodging a simple question when a simple yes or no would have sufficed.

You should go into politics dell. All that time spent dodging a simple question when a simple yes or no would have sufficed.
The blame bush meme isn't cutting it anymore. When the dems took over congress in 2007 the deficit was 200 billion, we are currently approaching 1.325 trillion and will explode even further. Everything that has been done "stimulate" the economy has done nothing more then depress the economy even further.

That's your hope and change.

I am sure you do not mean to imply that what happens today has no impact on what happens tomorrow, or are you? Surely some of what is going on now is a result of what transpired prior to Jan 19, 2009 right?

Back